Hawks Favored ov Indiana

Surprising

Indiana proves that you can't just recruit a bunch of 4 stars and expect to win. Next year will be telling for them. Get a couple of five star types and the big sophomore class will be upperclassman. If Crean can't succeed more with that group, it will be surprising. On paper, I would expect him to compete for the conference championship the year after next.

no way does Crean survive this year. you can't "recruit" like that and still suck so bad. at least we've had poor recruiting classes as an excuse. man, i hope we beat them, but i'm not holding my breath.

This is the day you will see what the coaching staff is about and what the players are about. This is a must win and they all should know it and get after it. Don't blame the fans for not showing up if he team doesn't show the desire and toughness they need to.

There is a thread out there on Chris Street. Thats part of what this team lacks, generally speaking. Maybe not gifted, but tough, got it done and scared of nobody.

Last edited:
no way does Crean survive this year. you can't "recruit" like that and still suck so bad. at least we've had poor recruiting classes as an excuse. man, i hope we beat them, but i'm not holding my breath.

Name your price and I'll make an internet wager with you on that. Crean will be back next year, there's really not any debate about it in Indiana.

Crean will definitely be back next year. People in Indiana like him a lot, but if they don't start doing something next season he might be done.

Two keys to beating Indiana today are 1) Get in Hull's face and don't let him be that guy who goes off from the 3 point land as that has been a problem for Iowa often. 2) Get Jones in early foul trouble as Indiana only has two guys that give Iowa match-up problems (Jones and Watford) and Jones is prone to foul trouble.

C'mon Hawkeyes... WIN TODAY.

i would have thought the crean experiment would be considered a failure by now. how much time does a guy need? he's had some good recruiting classes and they are worse than we are?!?! i thought indiana basketball had higher standards. iowa basketball does.

i would have thought the crean experiment would be considered a failure by now. how much time does a guy need? he's had some good recruiting classes and they are worse than we are?!?! i thought indiana basketball had higher standards. iowa basketball does.
Iowa was bad with average players.
Indiana is bad with Top 100 recruits.

That's also what is amazing that Crean still has a job.

Iowa was bad with average players.
Indiana is bad with Top 100 recruits.

That's also what is amazing that Crean still has a job.

This is basically his second year. His first season he had to field an entire roster in April and had to purge the program of the mess that Sampson left. It was about as bad a situation as you can inherit. He's only had two top 100 guys playing, Watford and Elston and Watford is playing really well. Elston is hit and miss.

I think IU fans thought they would be a little bit better this year but landing Zeller and the kids for 2012 ensures that he will definitely be back next year.

Latest posts