Hawks end losing streak Vs Jags game thread

He looks better at it than anyone else on the team

Ball movement is unbelievably necessary. It makes the opponent honest, having to work harder to chase the ball. Keeps them off balance.....

Bit of improvement today, although we only had one more rebound than them and they had more offensive rebounds......

:cool:

Ball movement is unbelievably necessary. It makes the opponent honest, having to work harder to chase the ball. Keeps them off balance.....

Bit of improvement today, although we only had one more rebound than them and they had more offensive rebounds......

he did a good job of moving the ball quickly. you're right, he was making it difficult for the defense double.

Dailey is passing really well too. His passing, defense, and rebounding is way better than Moss. Moss is probably a little better at scoring but I'm not even sold on that. At least efficiency wise.

Dailey is passing really well too. His passing, defense, and rebounding is way better than Moss. Moss is probably a little better at scoring but I'm not even sold on that. At least efficiency wise.

Yeah, I do like Dailey in the game. He is getting more, well deserved minutes now.....

Moss still adjusting to the role that had been set for him, replacing Jok's offense for example. Not just anyone can step in and be as accomplished as Jok on offense.....

Connor looked really good today. Don't think he'll ever be much of a scorer (probably more like Gesell where while capable of putting up 20 on occasion, he'll facilitate more and try to be efficient with his shot selection), but looked comfortable out there, better at getting to the elbow and finding passing lanes underneath, and obviously better on defense than Bohannon. His height makes him look slower than he is, but also gives him better vision by seeing over defenders. But it was still Southern, so we'll see how it goes over the middle ten games of the season. By then we'll either likely know if we are NIT or not (I'm already eliminating the NCAA barring a 5 in 5 or 4 in 4 day run). If we play better but the record is still poor, give Connor the last third of the year as the starter and move JB to the 2. If the NIT still looks probable then just let Bohannon finish out the year at point and wait until next year if Fran wants to make a change.

I am trying to not be too much of a fan boy but god did it feel good to have them show up today. There was a few players that stood out to me. Garza plays well against smaller competition. He needs to have that attitude against the power 5 conferences. Maishe Dailey is a really fluid player. Just silky smooth and seems to be coming into his own. Connor McCaffery needs to get as many minutes as he can handle early on because we will need him in the conference schedule. He had some great passes today and seemed to play under control for the most part. I loved how he was doing quick passes especially in the heart of the zone.

One thing this team needs as they spoke about on the telecast, is there needs to be an emotional leader. I think it needs to be Tyler Cook or Nicholas Baer. Those seem like the players the rest of the team would look up to. I hope they can figure it out and salvage something from this season.

Take THAT Southern! Hawks rolling to the Sweet 16 after yesterdays performance! Hope Cook stays all 4 years after that DUNK!

I think I handled that with a lot poise and class.

I am trying to not be too much of a fan boy but god did it feel good to have them show up today. There was a few players that stood out to me. Garza plays well against smaller competition. He needs to have that attitude against the power 5 conferences. Maishe Dailey is a really fluid player. Just silky smooth and seems to be coming into his own. Connor McCaffery needs to get as many minutes as he can handle early on because we will need him in the conference schedule. He had some great passes today and seemed to play under control for the most part. I loved how he was doing quick passes especially in the heart of the zone.

One thing this team needs as they spoke about on the telecast, is there needs to be an emotional leader. I think it needs to be Tyler Cook or Nicholas Baer. Those seem like the players the rest of the team would look up to. I hope they can figure it out and salvage something from this season.

Baer was being Baer yesterday. The way he flies in for rebounds from out by the 3 point line pisses me off at the lack of hustle from everyone else. Also did he tell at Bohannon when he tipped the Ball and Bohannon didn't grab it? It sounded like it.

I think you can add Pemsl to that leadership group!

Just logged on to check the mindset of HN after a few days' absence. No clue Hawks played yesterday!:confused:
(Judging by the game-thread being a whopping 4-pages and 74 posts, I must not have been alone:eek:.)

Glad they did what they should have, tho, bummed I missed one of the few remaining W's this season. Should still see Drake(fingers crossed), So. Utah(definite W) and N.Illannoy(50/50) and holding out hope to get 2 W's in the B1G14.

Latest posts