Hawks David Bell WR

vegashawki

Do you feel any WR currently on the Iowa roster are David Bell type talent? Do you think if Brian was to target say Keagan Johnson 10+ time during the course of a game he could put up godly numbers too? Do you think if he knew that was going to happen he’d find ways to get open? Just curious if David Bell is that rare/special of a WR or if we have the talent at that position to put up those numbers if OC tried.

Wisky totally shut down David Bell and Purdue's passing game the week after we played Purdue. Wisky I know got way more quick pass rush pressure on Purdue QBs. The first Purdue pass play ended up as about an 8 yard sack.

Iowa should have never played one on one most of the time on David Bell. So David Bell goes depending on the defense.

I think KJohnson has already shown he can get open, high point throws, break tackles and get yards after the catch. Bruce seems to have some good speed and more the height and quickness to be a slot receiver.

But VegasHawki the OffLine pass blocking needs to get fixed as our QBs only have about 2 seconds or just a little more to ID a target and get off a throw. If the QBs consistently had 3.5 to 4 seconds of a clean pocket I think Iowa's passing game would double.

Wisky totally shut down David Bell and Purdue's passing game the week after we played Purdue. Wisky I know got way more quick pass rush pressure on Purdue QBs. The first Purdue pass play ended up as about an 8 yard sack.

Iowa should have never played one on one most of the time on David Bell. So David Bell goes depending on the defense.

I think KJohnson has already shown he can get open, high point throws, break tackles and get yards after the catch. Bruce seems to have some good speed and more the height and quickness to be a slot receiver.

But VegasHawki the OffLine pass blocking needs to get fixed as our QBs only have about 2 seconds or just a little more to ID a target and get off a throw. If the QBs consistently had 3.5 to 4 seconds of a clean pocket I think Iowa's passing game would double.
Gotta give the QB time. It is so paramount to everything else. I firmly believe that pressuring the QB also leads to sloppy routes by the receivers , which leads to no one getting open, which intensifies the pass rush and leads to a vicious cycle.

I think K Johnson can have a great career at Iowa. Should start every game. Personally I think David Bell is special. He chewed up MSU too. If I recall correctly (snd I may not) he was down to Iowa and Purdue before he decided on Purdue. I truly believe if he was a hawkeye Purdue would not have had our number lately. Hope the guy goes pro!

I think K Johnson can have a great career at Iowa. Should start every game. Personally I think David Bell is special. He chewed up MSU too. If I recall correctly (snd I may not) he was down to Iowa and Purdue before he decided on Purdue. I truly believe if he was a hawkeye Purdue would not have had our number lately. Hope the guy goes pro!

I think he has proven enough to go pro after this year even if can play more college ball. His old teammate Rondale Moore is making a big paycheck on Sundays and I think Bell can be as good or better. And I hate to say it but Bell's talents may have been somewhat unused, underused at Iowa.

Latest posts