Hawks a 1 or 2 seed in NIT

RADMAN

I think it's a positive and will give the freshman something to build on for next year. Not what I wanted but we are progressing. I had them 1 over in Wins and Losses. They ended up 4 over. Lets get behind them and win the NIT. Good chance they play Valpo in first game in Carver.

Not a 1, those will go to the first four out automatically and we aren't on that line anymore IMO (if we ever really were to begin with). Not sure if the 2s are the next four out though or just the the top seeds locked in and it's whomever wants home games to help with the rest. Have to see how the tourneys play out still, but I'd think a low end 2 if no upsets, 3 if there are a couple still. Four years ago we were a 3, but still got a second home game when Stony Brook upset UMass in the 2 vs. 7 game. Probably similar seeding this time.

Either way we should decline the invitation.

haha, no program would decline the NIT - this might be the worst sports take in the history of sports takes. Kentucky, Indiana and Nova just to name a few have all played in the NIT in the not so distant past.

Last edited:
Either way we should decline the invitation.

Decline the invitation? Are you nuts. We hang banners for this kinda stuff. I know cuz they zoomed in on the banner for the 2001 Big Ten Tourney Championship during the PSU game and you could see Alford's streak of about 4 NITs in a row after that.

Iowa will be a top-2 seed, if only because they need Iowa to host multiple home games to sell tickets.

According to a few guys I've heard on the radio, there's still like a 0.73702% chance of making one of the play-in games. I know, I know, it's not gonna happen but let me have my last delusional moment.

Latest posts