Hawks #6 in new coaches poll

ALso note, we are only 21 points behind #4 TCU, which is pretty dang close...though we are only 11 points in front of Cincy! Plenty of time left to keep taking care of business on the field...pretty or not!

three big ten teams in the top twelve! i like it. and i like seeing wisconsin cracking the top 25 too!

Wow - Ohio State is ahead of USC. The world must be coming to an end! Cowherd is going to be a joy to listen to tomorrow! :)

Also - I can hear Cincinnati's fans heads exploding over us jumping them!

This is great. I was wrong, I thought Oregon would jump us. But I didn't realize they were previously 12th in the coach's poll. The AP might have them jump us, but that poll really doesn't matter.

The NC game is still a long shot, but that's ok. I won't complain about the Rose Bowl if the Hawks can make it there!

The important part of all this is the number of votes you receive, not the poll position. Iowa outgained everyone in the number of votes they received in the top 10. The number the BCS uses in the calculations is based upon percentage of votes, not necessarily the poll position. Of course, the higher ranked you are the more votes you receive. However you can gain (or lose) without moving rankings. In this poll, TCU gained 51 votes (1131 up to 1182), Boise gained 24 (1152 up to 1176) and Iowa gained 75 (1086 up to 1161).

The key here is that we just slightly widened our lead over TCU and Boise in the BCS rankings with this number. Now just need to see the Harris and computer numbers.

Last edited:
not that it MATTERS, but IA still #8 in the AP, Oregon jumped us to #7.

we did get some help with WV, South Carolina and Mississippi losing this weekend, they all dropped out and Wisky moves up. They have a chance to close out undefeated and 10-2 should get them to the 10-15 range and help our SOS quite a bit

not that it MATTERS, but IA still #8 in the AP, Oregon jumped us to #7.

we did get some help with WV, South Carolina and Mississippi losing this weekend, they all dropped out and Wisky moves up. They have a chance to close out undefeated and 10-2 should get them to the 10-15 range and help our SOS quite a bit

That would be correct...it doesn't matter since the AP isn't part of the BCS formula...only "the coaches' who don't watch the games" poll is.

Wow. I'm surprised to see us move up in a human poll that matters. I thought we'd either drop or stay the same.

Wow. I'm surprised to see us move up in a human poll that matters. I thought we'd either drop or stay the same.

It's the coaches' poll...they probably only saw the score come across the screen and voted and didn't see the details until it was too late to take it back...

Latest posts