Hawkeyes Working Through Lineup Options

So what they're trying to say, is we don't have good enough guard play to solidify any quality minutes among the group.

I don't care if Bohannon is at the 1 or the 2, he's not good enough on both ends of the floor to see starting minutes.

Go bigger and start the only two bench players that have earned time: Murray & Sandfort

PG - Ulis with Bohannon and Touissant rotation - none of the 3 listed should see any time at the 2.
SG - Sandfort, Perkins, and PMac rotation
SF - Murray and PMac rotation
PF - Murray and PMac rotation
C - Rebraca and Ogundele

Rotate the PG based on game flow and their play during the game.

That gets you to a 7 to 8 man primary rotation with PGs that should be working their ass off on the defensive side until they can't go and then sub.

So what they're trying to say, is we don't have good enough guard play to solidify any quality minutes among the group.

I don't care if Bohannon is at the 1 or the 2, he's not good enough on both ends of the floor to see starting minutes.

Go bigger and start the only two bench players that have earned time: Murray & Sandfort

PG - Ulis with Bohannon and Touissant rotation - none of the 3 listed should see any time at the 2.
C - Rebraca and Ogundele

That gets you to a 7 to 8 man primary rotation with PGs that should be working their ass off on the defensive side until they can't go and then sub.
Looks like Fran made the right call. Obviously JBo won't be able to duplicate this effort, but this might be the best game he's ever played on both ends.

C - Rebraca and Ogundele

Dude just put up 30 pts broke school record with 10 threes on an efficient 10-16 shooting overall game with 5 assists 2 steals and no turnovers on the road while playing 31 mins of point guard which he hadn't been doing all yr till now and that's your 2 cents?

Granted MD isn't great but they aren't the worst team we've played this year so that should be factored in. But to me JBo is damn near capable of having games like this any given night. He's shown it. He's got a clutchness about him that others don't too. He's got about half a season left and Fran is going to ride or die with him now. No reason to debate any differently. He's going to play 30 plus mins a night he just is.

Dude just put up 30 pts broke school record with 10 threes on an efficient 10-16 shooting overall game with 5 assists 2 steals and no turnovers on the road while playing 31 mins of point guard which he hadn't been doing all yr till now and that's your 2 cents?

Granted MD isn't great but they aren't the worst team we've played this year so that should be factored in. But to me JBo is damn near capable of having games like this any given night. He's shown it. He's got a clutchness about him that others don't too. He's got about half a season left and Fran is going to ride or die with him now. No reason to debate any differently. He's going to play 30 plus mins a night he just is.
In fairness he did post that before the game. While it wasn't necessarily impossible to forecast his performance, I would see it was incredibly unlikely. Jordan has not been very good this year. His shot has been off. As Fryowa mentioned, he made 24 of 25 3 pointers in warmups but then shot poorly during the game. Just had the yips most of the year. Hopefully he continues to play like we know he can. Things are looking up!

Looks like Fran made the right call. Obviously JBo won't be able to duplicate this effort, but this might be the best game he's ever played on both ends.
Boy oh boy I'd like to be watching if he can come close to ever duplicating it.

On Sportscenter last night SVP being the MD homer he is got a chuckle out of me with how he reacted to JBo. He said JBo had to be done playing there ever again and that was his rules. He knows his history in that building against them obviously.

There was a boat load of time left in the game when he hit the 10th one too. He coulda smashed that if they really really wanted to run it up and try. Part of me wanted to see that but Fran is smarter than me he did the right thing

In fairness he did post that before the game. While it wasn't necessarily impossible to forecast his performance, I would see it was incredibly unlikely. Jordan has not been very good this year. Hopefully he continues to play like we know he can. Things are looking up!
Ah.... My bad totally didn't catch the time stamp. Yeah I was unfair blasting him like that then. Sorry Hawkeye12345. My overarching point remains though JBo is gonna start and play big mins no matter what always was

Latest posts