Hawkeyes: Weisman versus Kinnick

It has already been concluded that Weisman is better than any running back at Iowa in the past 5 years, Greene, Coker, Wegher, O'Meara and Bullock are all clearly behind him. (See http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/50889-hawkeyes-weisman-vs-coker-greene.html). It is also clear he is better than has-beens Ronnie Harmon, Nick Bell, Sed Shaw, Tavian Banks, Eddy Podolak, Mike Saunders, Ladell Betts, Albert Young, Jermelle Lewis, Fred Russell and Sam Brownlee. He is also the best running back to spend more than a week in Iowa in the past 50 years, meaning he is better than Roger Craig, Darren Davis, Troy Davis and Andy Chilcote.

Which leaves only one player in the history of football in the State of Iowa who he can reasonably be compared to - Nile Kinnick. It just wouldn't be fair to compare their first year stats because Weisman is so far ahead of Nile, so I will use Nile's 1939 rushing stats. Nile had 106 carries for 374 yards and a roughly 3.5 ypc average. Weisman already has MORE yards on FEWER carries and has nearly doubled Nile's 1939 ypc. Thus, Wiesman will win two Heisman's.

O'Keefe, how would you compare Weisman to Rick Bayless? I think Rick had more swivel to the hips, but Weisman has more drive in the legs. Disappointed you didn't reference Bayless.

Bis der große weiße Hype hat eine Schule in Yokuska Japan benannt nach lässt ihn stoppen mularkey! Vive la Revolution!

O'Keefe, how would you compare Weisman to Rick Bayless? I think Rick had more swivel to the hips, but Weisman has more drive in the legs. Disappointed you didn't reference Bayless.

Good call, I was just over at XOCO the other day and the carnitas torta that guy is churning out is amazing.

This is just foolish. The rushing record is over 18,000 yards. Weisman will obviously be a 3,000+ yard rusher in the NFL (average of about 200 per game) and it will take him 6 years to break the record. He will NOT rush for 6,000 yards per season, now you're just being unrealistic.

I was also surprised that Hayden's first 1000 yd rusher (Dennis Mosley) was not on the list.

Have we ran out of other white dudes to compare him to?:eek:

No Blake Ezor comparison? Rob Carpenter?

It has already been concluded that Weisman is better than any running back at Iowa in the past 5 years, Greene, Coker, Wegher, O'Meara and Bullock are all clearly behind him. (See http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/50889-hawkeyes-weisman-vs-coker-greene.html). It is also clear he is better than has-beens Ronnie Harmon, Nick Bell, Sed Shaw, Tavian Banks, Eddy Podolak, Mike Saunders, Ladell Betts, Albert Young, Jermelle Lewis, Fred Russell and Sam Brownlee. He is also the best running back to spend more than a week in Iowa in the past 50 years, meaning he is better than Roger Craig, Darren Davis, Troy Davis and Andy Chilcote.

Which leaves only one player in the history of football in the State of Iowa who he can reasonably be compared to - Nile Kinnick. It just wouldn't be fair to compare their first year stats because Weisman is so far ahead of Nile, so I will use Nile's 1939 rushing stats. Nile had 106 carries for 374 yards and a roughly 3.5 ypc average. Weisman already has MORE yards on FEWER carries and has nearly doubled Nile's 1939 ypc. Thus, Wiesman will win two Heisman's.

u bee so funny O'kee...
please don't let it go to your HEAD...
thx for some #'s
AND
gosh I wish all threads can start and develop and...

Panchero's was recently renamed Weischero's. Airliner, the Weisliner. Wig N Pen. Weisman Pen.

Tex, son, what n' Kirks green earth are ya talkin' about? They haven't renamed any of those places yet. A slap upside yer danged ol' head fer premature declaration and no shiny bumper stickers fer yer ten gallon helmet neither. Back to Rancho Deluxe you go!

One thing is for sure... He will not be aroung as long a Luke Rucker was. Think the guy had like 24 years of eligibility.

Tex, son, what n' Kirks green earth are ya talkin' about? They haven't renamed any of those places yet. A slap upside yer danged ol' head fer premature declaration and no shiny bumper stickers fer yer ten gallon helmet neither. Back to Rancho Deluxe you go!

Dangit! Son! You got me on this un'. T'was just tryin' to have some dadgum foresight into what was fixin' to happen after this here season.
Three buckeye stickers will be removed from my tinfoil helmet.

Latest posts