Hawkeyes: Weisman versus Kinnick

okeefe4prez

It has already been concluded that Weisman is better than any running back at Iowa in the past 5 years, Greene, Coker, Wegher, O'Meara and Bullock are all clearly behind him. (See http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/50889-hawkeyes-weisman-vs-coker-greene.html). It is also clear he is better than has-beens Ronnie Harmon, Nick Bell, Sed Shaw, Tavian Banks, Eddy Podolak, Mike Saunders, Ladell Betts, Albert Young, Jermelle Lewis, Fred Russell and Sam Brownlee. He is also the best running back to spend more than a week in Iowa in the past 50 years, meaning he is better than Roger Craig, Darren Davis, Troy Davis and Andy Chilcote.

Which leaves only one player in the history of football in the State of Iowa who he can reasonably be compared to - Nile Kinnick. It just wouldn't be fair to compare their first year stats because Weisman is so far ahead of Nile, so I will use Nile's 1939 rushing stats. Nile had 106 carries for 374 yards and a roughly 3.5 ypc average. Weisman already has MORE yards on FEWER carries and has nearly doubled Nile's 1939 ypc. Thus, Wiesman will win two Heisman's.

"It has already been concluded that Weisman is better than any running back at Iowa in the past 5 years, Greene, Coker, Wegher, O'Meara and Bullock are all clearly behind him."

BULL HOCKEY! Look, the young man is good, but lets not go insane! That said, I AM impressed with the lad, and I am looking forward to seeing him play out the season in style. AND lets see how he runs against Michigan State, AND Northwestern, AND Michigan, AND Pudrue, AND those no good jerks from Nebraska! He has run over the light-weights, lets see him bulldoze the big boys, THEN I will listen to talk about the BEST of all time...
flip2.jpg

"It has already been concluded that Weisman is better than any running back at Iowa in the past 5 years, Greene, Coker, Wegher, O'Meara and Bullock are all clearly behind him."

BULL HOCKEY! Look, the young man is good, but lets not go insane! That said, I AM impressed with the lad, and I am looking forward to seeing him play out the season in style. AND lets see how he runs against Michigan State, AND Northwestern, AND Michigan, AND Pudrue, AND those no good jerks from Nebraska! He has run over the light-weights, lets see him bulldoze the big boys, THEN I will listen to talk about the BEST of all time...

Gawd I luv it when Okeef pulls one on the newbies!! :)

I'll believe Weitman's better than Paki O'Meara after Weitman produces for 9 years in a row like Paki did.

Jess Settles had more years on a roster than Paki. I believe his record was 12 years, but I may be mistaken. Did you like Jess, ghost?

Which leaves only one player in the history of football in the State of Iowa who he can reasonably be compared to - Nile Kinnick. .

OK, we get the idea you are making fun of all the other comparison threads but do you really need to go to such great lengths?

My only question is how many years will it take Weisman to pass Emmitt Smith once he gets into the NFL.

Latest posts