Hawkeyes vs Twerps Game Thread

If the women only had some more height in the middle and probably forward positions. That is the only thing I see missing right now. They have the guard play.

Supreme Bitch whenever I see her.
Freese Family makes you sick as a Hawkeye Fan....I believe from the CR area, coaches at ISU....and then eventually coaching for another Big Ten team. Very successful yes, but man frustrating to be struggling with her when we go up against her teams.

I see she played at Arizona.

Last edited:
Until Lisa gets more athletes...mediocrity. should get anyone she wants with Caitlyn.
I think they would be a powerhouse if you added some of those tall girls from Maryland on the squad. I really hope Clark can see the Final Four or better before her career is over at Iowa.

I feel bad for Caitlyn, she should be playing on a NC contender. It‘s obviously not gonna happen for Iowa this year, Bluder has 2 more years to build a good team around Caitlyn. Assuming she sticks around.

I think they would be a powerhouse if you added some of those tall girls from Maryland on the squad. I really hope Clark can see the Final Four or better before her career is over at Iowa.
Very doubtful it will happen. When have you seen Lisa recruit tall, athletic, aggressive black girls to Iowa? OSU and Maryland have them and we have all seen the results!

We need another Guard to take the pressure off of Clark. Not saying more size wouldnt help obviously would but having another guard that could score 12-15 a night and help bring the ball up the court and be able to score would help this team termendously. Clark bascially has to do everything. When teams like Maryland pressure her and get right into her face we have nobody else that can do shit with the ball.

You have to ask yourself, how good would this team be without Caitlyn? I believe probably bottom five in the conference. I get that Lisa will be in the HOF, but her recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.

For informational purposes, Iowa does have taller players, but they are being forced into playing a smaller lineup due to to injuries. 6'4" Sharon Goodman and 6'0" Shateah Wetering are out for the season. 6'1" and 3rd leading scorer McKenna Warnock, and 6'1" Logan Cook are injured but will return this season.

For next season Iowa has the 13th ranked recruiting class in the nation with No. 50, 6'2/F Hannah Stuelke No. 66, 6'1/F Jada Gyamfi No. 119, 5'9/G Taylor McCabe. They will be just fine. Hannah and Jada are more than capable of stepping in right away to give Iowa size and athleticism inside.

You have to ask yourself, how good would this team be without Caitlyn? I believe probably bottom five in the conference. I get that Lisa will be in the HOF, but her recruiting leaves a lot to be desired.
About the only thing you have right is Coach Bluder will be in tha HOF. Her recruiting has been good and is on the upswing. Her teams are well coached and never in the bottom five. I am thrilled we have Caitlin, but the other players would have stepped in if she wasn’t here and while we wouldn’t be nearly as good, we would be competitive. Coach has always had us competitive.

About the only thing you have right is Coach Bluder will be in tha HOF. Her recruiting has been good and is on the upswing. Her teams are well coached and never in the bottom five. I am thrilled we have Caitlin, but the other players would have stepped in if she wasn’t here and while we wouldn’t be nearly as good, we would be competitive. Coach has always had us competitive.
Lisa will be in the HOF and deservedly so. I guess we can agree to disagree about her and her staffs' recruiting efforts and results.

Lisa will be in the HOF and deservedly so. I guess we can agree to disagree about her and her staffs' recruiting efforts and results.

This is her 22nd year as head coach and Iowa has not been a bottom 5 teams since 2007 when they finished 6-10 in the Big Ten, finishing T8th when there were only 11 teams. Caitlin makes the womens team better, no question, but I doubt they would have been a bottom 5 team.

Either way it doesn't matter, Caitlin IS here.

For informational purposes, Iowa does have taller players, but they are being forced into playing a smaller lineup due to to injuries. 6'4" Sharon Goodman and 6'0" Shateah Wetering are out for the season. 6'1" and 3rd leading scorer McKenna Warnock, and 6'1" Logan Cook are injured but will return this season.

For next season Iowa has the 13th ranked recruiting class in the nation with No. 50, 6'2/F Hannah Stuelke No. 66, 6'1/F Jada Gyamfi No. 119, 5'9/G Taylor McCabe. They will be just fine. Hannah and Jada are more than capable of stepping in right away to give Iowa size and athleticism inside.

Having the 13th ranked class sounds good and all but that means there are 12 schools above them. Which schools did all the top 50 go too? Honestly if the NC is the goal Coach needs to keep aiming higher. I'm not trashing on the recruiting class, it's great, and it will keep the womens program winning but it's going to take more of those types of classes or better to really compete with the UConn, Baylor, Stanford, Maryland, and now LSU types.

I hope it happens, it would be awesome.

Latest posts