Hawkeyes vs Gophers Predictions

MeatMan

Don't just post a score, have some fun with it.

Iowa 27 - MinnyMouse 20

Game ball goes to the Iowa D line for slowing down the Minny rushing attack, and the Gophers just can't do enough through the air to win. Also, I'm predicting that our guards have a very difficult day up front.

and the magic number 27 appears again and again just as in last week's predictions and the ISU actual score.

27 ! That's THREE (3) TD's or maybe even FOUR! That is scoring 1 out of 4 posessions.

I won't be surprised if the hawks fall behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter because they fart around with their "process" trying to impose their will instead of taking what the D gives them.

It's the big ten, move the ball and put up points and keep doing it for 60 minutes.

Close game that will come down to special teams. Cotton will get a kick-off return - td; Minny will get an onside kick recovery. (They will also try a fake punt that Iowa will (finally) stop.)

Pre-season "TD prediction thread" I said the offense would get 3 in this game. Those 3 will be scored by Weisman, Ruddock, CJFed.

Those + Cotton's + field goal = 30 (Meyer finally misses a pat.) The defense only gives up 27.

Based on stats, these teams mirror each other, in that they both run the ball well and stop the run well. Neither team is great defensively against the pass, but Minny's pass offense is not as good (IMHO) as Iowa's passing attack. Hopefully, it is an area our coaches recognize and game plan around. If so, Iowa wins by a TD.

Now, if the Iowa linemen surprise us on both sides of the ball, and dominate the LOS like they did in last year's game against the Goofers, they we win going away, maybe by 17.

Their linemen are better than last year's, but ours are too! I say 38 - 21 Iowa.

God, I hope that they match Minnesota's intensity to begin the game...

Iowa 84 - Minnie 12. There are a few Iowa firsts. Iowa runs a total of 28 reverse plays, 12 of which are double reverse fakes. JR breaks his chin strap and has to come out for a play. The play that he's out, that blonde haired kid throws a 98.5 yard bomb td to Powell. Alvis returns two interceptions for tds. Daniels has a 82 yard td run. Iowa blocks 8 punts and returns three for tds.

Minnesota is probably the worst 4-0 team in the country. They are barely out gaining their opponents yardage. And their opponents have been really bad

Minnesota is probably the worst 4-0 team in the country. They are barely out gaining their opponents yardage. And their opponents have been really bad

And Iowa's opponents haven't been? The teams Iowa has beaten have won no games this season to date.

Latest posts