Hawkeyes vs Boilermakers Series Thread

ssckelley

I know I keep calling every game and series "must win", it's true as Iowa is squarely on the NCAA Regionals bubble. Iowa hosts the 25-14 (6-7 Conf) Purdue Boilermakers for a 3 game series. At one time Purdue was ranked in the top 25 and since they have a winning record it will be a RPI boost for Iowa to play them, especially if they win. Iowa desperately needs a sweep to stay in the at large considerations and they will be favored in every game.

Here are the pitching matchups:capture.jpg

Saturday's game will be on the BTN with the other 2 games being streamed on BTN+. You can also listen in through the Hawkeye Radio Network and on The Varsity Network on your smart phone.

Let's go Hawks!!!!

I wasn’t able to watch the game last night and I missed another incredible pitching performance by Mazur. He threw another 8+ shutout innings until giving 2 in the bottom of the 9th. The offense did all of its scoring damage in the 3rd inning.

Remember game 2 starts at 11:02 this morning and it will be televised live on BTN.

Game 2 pitcher Wyatt Wendell is a former Indian Hills pitcher and is the son of Turk Wendell.

If you don't remember Turk (if you're old enough, how could you not?), he was the superstitious pitcher for the Cubs, Mets, etc. He used to brush his teeth between innings, chew wads licorice, make the umpire roll the ball to him to start an inning, take a big leap over the foul lines, wave to the CF before the inning, and I'm sure other things I can't remember.

I also remember that he got in trouble for saying that Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire took steroids. How dare he.

Game 2 pitcher Wyatt Wendell is a former Indian Hills pitcher and is the son of Turk Wendell.

If you don't remember Turk (if you're old enough, how could you not?), he was the superstitious pitcher for the Cubs, Mets, etc. He used to brush his teeth between innings, chew wads licorice, make the umpire roll the ball to him to start an inning, take a big leap over the foul lines, wave to the CF before the inning, and I'm sure other things I can't remember.

I also remember that he got in trouble for saying that Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire took steroids. How dare he.

So far he's mowing down the Hawkeyes.

Iowa down 2-0 heading to the 3rd.

Considering how strong the wind is gusting out in left field it's amazing that Langenberg has kept Purdue scoreless. T5, Purdue does have a runner at 2nd base but with 2 outs. Iowa is up 4-0.

Sher just made one hell of a play at 3rd base, he picked up a slow roller barehanded and threw out the hitter at 1st base.

Or BTN is to cheap to pay someone to work it. Their commentators take off an inning as well.

I don't think they are manned cameras but I could be wrong. The only time I've seen camera men at the games is when they are being televised on the BTN channel.

I don't think they are manned cameras but I could be wrong. The only time I've seen camera men at the games is when they are being televised on the BTN channel.
They have a centerfield camera that they control from the control center why would the wind be a factor? Hawks up 9-1.

They have a centerfield camera that they control from the control center why would the wind be a factor? Hawks up 9-1.

Because the wind causes it to shake. I'm speculating here but the only times I've not seen them use the CF cam was the weather was rainy/windy.

What can the Hawks do to break out of their 2nd-game-of-every-series slump? Have gotten absolutely pummeled the past two Saturdays. Move P Langenberg up to the Sat game? Gotta shake something up. That said, being tied for 2nd in the BTen at this point in the season ain't too shabby...am guessing at the start of the season Heller would have taken that in a NY minute.