Hawkeyes Turn Corner in Recruiting

Homer I was just wondering if you have any idea what recruits Iowa has coming in this weekend? I hope we can get a few big names here (Byrd, Coe, Miller, Cooper, etc.) and maybe get a commit or two......Your thoughts?

Homer I was just wondering if you have any idea what recruits Iowa has coming in this weekend? I hope we can get a few big names here (Byrd, Coe, Miller, Cooper, etc.) and maybe get a commit or two......Your thoughts?

Just taking stuff I've read from others, but here are some of the visitors I know of:

- Spears (LB from TX)
- Gregory (DE from IN ... currently a Purdue commit)
- Tabb (ATH who projects at TE/LB/DE from NJ)
- Byrd (WR from NJ)
- Campbell (CB commit from FL)
- Miller (RB from MO)

What's cool is that, like Grant, Campbell is a guy who is likely going to do a really good job of helping sell the Hawks to the other guys. It's great to have a commit like Campbell already on our side.

Anyhow, of the guys who he might be trying to help sway, I think that Iowa already sits VERY well for the services of Spears. To my knowledge, this is Spears's first visit to the program ... and Ferentz doesn't seem to accept verbals anymore without a guy visiting first. So, in other words, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up getting a verbal from Spears sooner rather than later.

As for the other guys, I don't expect any other guy to be in too big of a hurry. However, that said, I wouldn't be shocked if Miller ended up deciding to end his recruitment early. From what I gather, he intends to enroll early to the school he ends up choosing ... so he's already working with an accelerated time-line. Thus, if he really loves his Kinnick experience, I could definitely see him dropping us a verbal sooner rather than later.

Tabb has been among one of my favorite targets in the class for some time. However, I had no idea that we were still in the running for his services until the news surfaced about his visit. You can't land 'em if they don't visit ... so this is certainly a great first step. I'm not getting my hopes up about Tabb ... however, an eventual commitment from him would be absolutely awesome.

I think that we have a chance with Byrd, however, I don't think that he's in any hurry to make a decision.

As for Gregory, I have no bead on him. Considering the current status of the Purdue program ... that might be part of what is initially leading him to give us a look-see. However, that said, Purdue is probably going to give him a long leash and not put a lot of pressure on him. Thus, as far as I can tell, Gregory seems to just be "testing the waters" with his visit to Iowa. From what I recall reading somewhere, the kid had a ton of sacks and he must have continued to improve through his current high school season ... because he ended up landing an offer from the Hawks.

Thanks.....me and a couple guys on my floor try to keep up on the recruiting and always try to sit low enough in the student section to scope out the recruits... I have a good feeling about Byrd, but if Byrd commits might cost us with Arnett......if we are still getting an official. I would love for us to get Tabb to give us yet another NJ connection to help with CK and Cooper from Dematha. Thanks again for all your insight!

Lets just hope we put on another good show under the lights!
Go Hawks

Latest posts