Hawkeyes Resemble Bullies of Past

After reading thru the threads in this post, I decided to read the article!

I thought the best words were early when Rob wrote 'They gashed the Gophers'. What did gash mean, I even looked it up to see the definition to see if there were some hidden meanings. There were nouns, verbs, and adjective using gash. But the basic meaning of gash meaning cut was it. The Hawks 'cut' thru the Gopher defense, and we all liked it.

I'm surprised Tim Polasek hasn't taken more heat over the Hawkeye offensive woes of the last several years. He wasn't a very good OL coach and didn't help much with recruiting. When he left the cupboard was bare in the OL room.

George Barnett has taken some heat but he's proving himself to be a good OL coach. I remember an article on him not too long ago where he told Kirk when he came in that the OL was in really bad shape and that it was going to take several years to get to going again. He was right. I do hope, and I assume they are, building depth on the OL so we don't suffer similar fates going forward.

After reading thru the threads in this post, I decided to read the article!

I thought the best words were early when Rob wrote 'They gashed the Gophers'. What did gash mean, I even looked it up to see the definition to see if there were some hidden meanings. There were nouns, verbs, and adjective using gash. But the basic meaning of gash meaning cut was it. The Hawks 'cut' thru the Gopher defense, and we all liked it.

I'm surprised Tim Polasek hasn't taken more heat over the Hawkeye offensive woes of the last several years. He wasn't a very good OL coach and didn't help much with recruiting. When he left the cupboard was bare in the OL room.

George Barnett has taken some heat but he's proving himself to be a good OL coach. I remember an article on him not too long ago where he told Kirk when he came in that the OL was in really bad shape and that it was going to take several years to get to going again. He was right. I do hope, and I assume they are, building depth on the OL so we don't suffer similar fates going forward.
Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting

Latest posts