Hawkeyes ranked #5 in ESPN's "way too early" Top 25 rankings if Garza stays

VTHawk

Was a little shocked at how high we were ranked. Here's to hoping Garza stays for his senior year.
Here is the link.

I think we should be good but I'm afraid to drink the kool-aid. Iowa seems to play better under the radar. Last year's team played together. I hope I'm wrong

I think we should be good but I'm afraid to drink the kool-aid. Iowa seems to play better under the radar. Last year's team played together. I hope I'm wrong
Wisconsin usually plays better under the radar as well. Next year Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan State, not necessarily in that order, will be preseason conference contenders.

But I remember well the last time Iowa had this much preseason hype and you probably do to. It was before the 2001-02 season. A preseason top ten mention, Iowa didn't even make the NCAA'S, had some internal issues, and it was the beginning of the end for Alford.

Next year's team will be this year's team, with just some veteran faces returning and an influx of practice depth with 5 freshmen. The core of this team will be the same. The only danger I see now is managing expectations for minutes. I sure hope Fran redshirts 3 of the incoming players to keep the rotation at 10 or under.

They did mention the key point in that article. Iowa ranked 12 of 14 in adjusted D in the conference. That has to go up for them to actually have a chance at living up to that ranking.

If they continue to play defense like they have since MG & Woodbury left, they'll be about right where they were this season. 11/12 conference wins