Hawkeyes Looking to Land ’18 IL Athlete Samson Evans

Yes please, kid is a stud. Start him at QB and move him around if he gets passed over there.

I think we're in good shape here. Couldn't get a feel for when he wants to commit but we've got Jenkins in his ear every day.

I think we're in good shape here. Couldn't get a feel for when he wants to commit but we've got Jenkins in his ear every day.

Ya that kid is not coming to Iowa unless we convince him to abandon the desire to play QB. If he wants to be a QB at 6'1 and that heavy run based skill set. he will need to go to a triple option or heavy read option system. However if he is truly open to slot WR I really like the kid for tunnel, funnel, jailbreak and bubble screens whatever people want to call them. I think we will see the reemergance of the screen game under Brian. He would be a nice weapon for those quick passes.

Ya that kid is not coming to Iowa unless we convince him to abandon the desire to play QB. If he wants to be a QB at 6'1 and that heavy run based skill set. he will need to go to a triple option or heavy read option system. However if he is truly open to slot WR I really like the kid for tunnel, funnel, jailbreak and bubble screens whatever people want to call them. I think we will see the reemergance of the screen game under Brian. He would be a nice weapon for those quick passes.

6'1 200 lbs and is a playmaker. You bring him in and you find a spot for him if he can't stick at QB.

Definitely a playmaker, just lacks speed. Not sure if his playmaking ability will transfer to the college level. Maybe the highlight reel is deceptive, though.

6'1 200 lbs and is a playmaker. You bring him in and you find a spot for him if he can't stick at QB.

Sure, or he comes in and rides the pine for a few years and then transfer i.e AJ Derby. I say break him of the QB notion before wasting the scholarship. If we can then he could be a great pick up.

Latest posts