Hawkeyes land 4-star RB from Florida

Good news? Ok. I'll take your words for it. I'm in for some good news for a change.

Honestly we haven't had very good luck with Florida players since Bielema left. This guy seems pretty good, though.

Good point. Bielema left in 2001. Iowa's best stretch was from 2002-2004. Even 2005 was close to being very good. Not a coincidence. No doubt Florida talent at Iowa has dipped significantly since he left. Outside of Mabin, its pretty slim pickings on the current roster.

ESPN article 6/25/2014 via Adam Rittenberg...........

"But there has been debate whether Iowa aims high enough and far enough on the recruiting trail. Iowa caused a stir last winter when head coach Kirk Ferentz said he no longer assigned an assistant to Florida and Eric Johnson, then the team's recruiting coordinator, said Florida, annually one of the top states in producing FBS players, wasn't a huge priority for the program."

Maybe some of the younger minds that have come aboard the staff in recent time have swayed Ferentz to reconsider. Chris White has shown it can be done. White came aboard with a strong recruiting reputation.........turn him loose.

Then i guess we no longer need to assign a recruiting assistant for Texas, Southern California, or American Samoa either?

Latest posts