Hawkeyes Invited to Combine

I thought Jeremy Hill, who was no slouch in the NFL, was the tailback. Metternberger was the normal QB but I think he missed the game due to injury. I don't think the O crossed the 50 on its own volition. Davis was totally outclassed in that one.

If that team had Mettenberger, that ball game would have been as bad as the Rose Bowl or Hawkslayer Bowl, but Miles was content just pounding the ball all day because he knew Iowa's offense couldn't score.
Yes, Jeremy Hill was the running back. He was a 2nd round draft pick.

LSU ended up ranked 14th and wasn't even remotely close at that time to where they are now. Not even in the same solar system...comparing 2013's LSU to 2019 is completely ludicrous. Two guys (Landry and Beckham) had over 2,400 yards between the two of them.

meh, Burrows is just a Nebraska reject, lol.

I predict Ojemudia will go round 3

From an article about sleepers that performed well at the combine:

Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa
40 YARD (POSITION GROUP FINISH) VERTICAL BROAD THREE CONE
4.45 (9th of 29)

36" (T10 of 24)

122" (T18 of 23)

6.87 (2nd of 15)

Ojemudia measured in as one of the tallest and longest corners -- nearly 6-1 with 32 1/4-inch arms -- then tested awesomely, especially in the 40 and three-cone drill. Nice combination.

At Iowa, he excelled in zone coverage but also showed the ability to mirror in off man down the field and routinely found the football when it was arriving. In his last two years as a full-time starter on the perimeter, Ojemudia had six interceptions and 15 pass breakups. After a solid Senior Bowl and this combine performance, he's locked himself inside the first three rounds of the draft.

I think someone else said it earlier, but OJ made a lot of good breaks on some passes and could likely have had 3-4 more picks had he held on to them. If he had done that, I think he'd be getting some serious buzz.

Stone has some good tape against good competition but I predicted in another thread he goes round 4-5. I think that only stands if he improves on his pro day numbers which I think he will.

Geno is a project guy right now and most likely special teamer from day 1 and later gets onto the field in situational areas. I think one of the intangibles with him is he was coached by Phil Parker and has a good football IQ which helps him get into position better and can make up for his lack of burst. He is physical and for the most part was a sure tackler which helps.