Hawkeyes Invited to Combine

Surprised by Stanley's invite and I think Ojemudia got there by his string senior bowl showing. Good for them hope they get a gold in the underwear Olympics.

I predict Ojemudia will go round 3, Stone Round 4 and Stanley Round 6

Surprised by Stanley's invite and I think Ojemudia got there by his string senior bowl showing. Good for them hope they get a gold in the underwear Olympics.

I predict Ojemudia will go round 3, Stone Round 4 and Stanley Round 6
I think Stanley goes higher. They'll love his strong arm and durability. I think Stone goes lower. They'll have questions about his size and speed. I'd take a chance on both if I was an owner or GM.

With some free agency signings, you could build a pretty good NFL team around Hawkeyes - My picks, there are others who can fit, e.g. Blythe at center, A Nelson at DE/LB, Niemann at LB, Fant or Hockenson at TE

You'd need a QB, serviceable RBs and some good WRs, or go with two TEs, in which case you'd have Fant or Hockenson, With the right additions, this would be a playoff team. I'd spend the money on some WRs first, then a QB and last, RBs.

OT - Reiff and Bulaga
OG - Yanda and Scherff
C - Blythe
TE - Kittle
QB - Beathard
RBs
WRs

DE - Clayborn, Epenesa
DT - Daniels and Johnson
LB - Hitchens, Kirksey and Jewell
DB - King, Hyde, Hooker and Jackson

I think Stanley goes higher. They'll love his strong arm and durability. I think Stone goes lower. They'll have questions about his size and speed. I'd take a chance on both if I was an owner or GM.

With some free agency signings, you could build a pretty good NFL team around Hawkeyes - My picks, there are others who can fit, e.g. Blythe at center, A Nelson at DE/LB, Niemann at LB, Fant or Hockenson at TE

You'd need a QB, serviceable RBs and some good WRs, or go with two TEs, in which case you'd have Fant or Hockenson, With the right additions, this would be a playoff team. I'd spend the money on some WRs first, then a QB and last, RBs.

OT - Reiff and Bulaga
OG - Yanda and Scherff
C - Blythe
TE - Kittle
QB - Beathard
RBs
WRs

DE - Clayborn, Epenesa
DT - Daniels and Johnson
LB - Hitchens, Kirksey and Jewell
DB - King, Hyde, Hooker and Jackson

Bears round 2 since they don't have a 1.

A little surprised by Geno, but awesome for him.

Maybe he knows something we don't from the advisory board.

Not surprised by Stanley at all. 3-year starter at a P5 school, and is gonna wow the scouts with his arm strength.

We should be very well represented in April.

Man, Ohio St has 11 players going to the combine.
LSU has 16 players invited.! Holy shit!
No wonder they won it all! Can you imagine having that kind of talent on a team?

Man, Ohio St has 11 players going to the combine.
LSU has 16 players invited.! Holy shit!
No wonder they won it all! Can you imagine having that kind of talent on a team?
This is why it wouldn’t be a good deal for Iowa (or 95% of other P5 teams) to make the playoffs. The top 5-6 teams in college football are light years ahead of everyone else.

Can you imagine Iowa’s DBs trying to pin down LSU’s receivers with Joe Burrows throwing lasers? Or our offensive line trying to block their DL? It’d be an absolutely embarrassing massacre ending up 72-6.

Amd that’s not a knock on Iowa, like I mentioned it’s be almost all other P5 teams.

This is why it wouldn’t be a good deal for Iowa (or 95% of other P5 teams) to make the playoffs. The top 5-6 teams in college football are light years ahead of everyone else.

Can you imagine Iowa’s DBs trying to pin down LSU’s receivers with Joe Burrows throwing lasers? Or our offensive line trying to block their DL? It’d be an absolutely embarrassing massacre ending up 72-6.

Amd that’s not a knock on Iowa, like I mentioned it’s be almost all other P5 teams.

Don’t we already know that it would take a perfect storm for Iowa to win a national championship?

Shoot, LSU basically did that to Oklahoma in their playoff matchup.

6-4, 243 lb. Nate Stanley senior stats

237/399 59.4% 2951 yds 16 TD 7 INT 131.2 RTG

6-5, 215 lb. Daniel Jones senior stats

237/392 60.5% 2674 yds. 22 TD 9 INT 131.7 RTG

With Daniel Jones having reasonable success as a rookie as well as having strong character, work ethic, leadership qualities and coming from a pro-style offense in college, then why not Nate?

Go back to maybe Jan 1, 2014 Cap One bowl or so when we played LSU. believe Odell Beckham was on that LSU team. I don't believe he lit us up.

Go back to maybe Jan 1, 2014 Cap One bowl or so when we played LSU. believe Odell Beckham was on that LSU team. I don't believe he lit us up.

OBJ and Jarvis Landry were on that team. IIRC, their QB Mettenberger was out and the backup was awful. I believe Miles was also there at the time, and his offensive style matched up really well with Greg Davis.

I'm not even sure college football goes 5 deep. This year it was 4 deep, with Bama (pre-Tua injury), LSU, Clemson and OSU clearly the class of the field. Last year it was only 2 deep between Clemson and Bama. Georgia was good a few years ago, but this past season I don't think they would have won either division in the Big Ten. The SEC East is a major drop from the SEC West.

I was thrown by the reference to the Cap One Bowl, which made me think maybe you were talking about the 2005 Cap One Bowl against LSU. Then I finally realized you were talking about the 2014 Outback Bowl against LSU.

LSU ended up ranked 14th and wasn't even remotely close at that time to where they are now. Not even in the same solar system...comparing 2013's LSU to 2019 is completely ludicrous. Two guys (Landry and Beckham) had over 2,400 yards between the two of them.

I was curious and I found the box score. OBJ and Landry combined for 56 yards receiving. Their QB was some guy named Anthony Jennings, who was 7-19 for 82 yards. Unfortunately, their RB had 216 yards rushing, compared to Mark Heisman's 37 yards.

I was curious and I found the box score. OBJ and Landry combined for 56 yards receiving. Their QB was some guy named Anthony Jennings, who was 7-19 for 82 yards. Unfortunately, their RB had 216 yards rushing, compared to Mark Heisman's 37 yards.

I thought Jeremy Hill, who was no slouch in the NFL, was the tailback. Metternberger was the normal QB but I think he missed the game due to injury. I don't think the O crossed the 50 on its own volition. Davis was totally outclassed in that one.

If that team had Mettenberger, that ball game would have been as bad as the Rose Bowl or Hawkslayer Bowl, but Miles was content just pounding the ball all day because he knew Iowa's offense couldn't score.

Latest posts