~Hawkeyes in the 2016 NBA Summer League~

Monday July 11th:

Jarrod Uthoff
- Started the game and had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks, and an assist in 29 minutes. Jarrod started out a perfect 2-2 from the field and 2-2 from the line and then went cold for his last 5 shots. He played some nice defense including a 2 block sequence in which his sneaky length caught Buddy Hield off guard. Jarrod blocked what Buddy thought was an open 3 and then blocked one of the other opposing player's put back attempt. It was a solid showing after not seeing the floor yesterday. This was the King's last game before tournament play starts on Wednesday July 13th.

Adam Woodbury - DNP. Since Jarrod didn't play yesterday and Adam didn't play today, I'm guessing the Kings wanted to give players more extended minutes, so they went with a bit of a rotation on which of the last two games the non roster invitees played. We'll have to wait and see how many minutes they get going forward.

Tournament play starts today. It looks like the Kings play at 3pm central. Hopefully Jarrod and Adam both see some minutes. I believe the Wizards have a first round bye so Aaron won't play again until tomorrow.

Tournament play starts today. It looks like the Kings play at 3pm central. Hopefully Jarrod and Adam both see some minutes. I believe the Wizards have a first round bye so Aaron won't play again until tomorrow.

Woodbury did nothing yesterday. Uthoff similar. As expected, both need to start looking overseas as neither hav a prayer of making a roster.

Woodbury did nothing yesterday. Uthoff similar. As expected, both need to start looking overseas as neither hav a prayer of making a roster.

Maybe these guys should stop playing the NBA summer league games right now. They only seem to be hurting themselves in terms of negotiating with teams overseas. It is hard to imagine that their stock has done anything but go down so far this summer.

Thursday & Friday July 14th/15th Games:

Aaron White
- Got the start again and had 4 points, 4 rebounds, and an assist in 25 minutes. Aaron struggled shooting going 2-8 overall and 0-4 from three. Aaron's next game is tonight, July 16th. If you would like to watch it you can, it is going to be on ESPN 2 at 7PM CST.

Jarrod Uthoff - Had 8 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists in 15 minutes off the bench. Jarrod shot 3-4 overall and was 1-1 from three. Looks like he had a pretty decent showing for his team's last game. As everyone knows, he needs to continue to work on his strength and being more aggressive. I still believe he is the most skilled Hawkeye that Fran has coached. It'll be interesting to see if he ends up signing a D League contract or heads overseas. I would be surprised if he's not playing summer league ball again next year.

Adam Woodbury - Had 2 points on one attempt, 2 rebounds, and a steal in 5 minutes off the bench. Playing in the summer league should have helped Adam. Hopefully he can take what he has learned and use it to improve his career overseas.

Thursday & Friday July 14th/15th Games:

Aaron White
- Got the start again and had 4 points, 4 rebounds, and an assist in 25 minutes. Aaron struggled shooting going 2-8 overall and 0-4 from three. Aaron's next game is tonight, July 16th. If you would like to watch it you can, it is going to be on ESPN 2 at 7PM CST.

Jarrod Uthoff - Had 8 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists in 15 minutes off the bench. Jarrod shot 3-4 overall and was 1-1 from three. Looks like he had a pretty decent showing for his team's last game. As everyone knows, he needs to continue to work on his strength and being more aggressive. I still believe he is the most skilled Hawkeye that Fran has coached. It'll be interesting to see if he ends up signing a D League contract or heads overseas. I would be surprised if he's not playing summer league ball again next year.

Adam Woodbury - Had 2 points on one attempt, 2 rebounds, and a steal in 5 minutes off the bench. Playing in the summer league should have helped Adam. Hopefully he can take what he has learned and use it to improve his career overseas.

I've watched all of White's games thus far as I've been pulling for him to grab that 12th spot. Unfortunately that ship has most likely sailed. The Wizards offered 3 partially guaranteed contracts to 3 summer league players and White hasn't even been in the discussion. Generally speaking he's been lost on D, beaten back by his man a few times, and his shot has not been dependable. Since his 3 hasn't gone down it looks like he's lost some confidence and is making an extra pass. Unfortunately in the summer league, when you get the ball, you need to make a play because that ball isn't coming back to you. Everyone is trying to show off their offensive prowess.

Only caught one Sac game when Woody hit that desperation shot going into halftime.

Bad news for Devyn Marble. The Clippers traded for and released him before his guaranteed money for this season would be locked in. Hopefully he will catch on with another team.

I've watched all of White's games thus far as I've been pulling for him to grab that 12th spot. Unfortunately that ship has most likely sailed. The Wizards offered 3 partially guaranteed contracts to 3 summer league players and White hasn't even been in the discussion. Generally speaking he's been lost on D, beaten back by his man a few times, and his shot has not been dependable. Since his 3 hasn't gone down it looks like he's lost some confidence and is making an extra pass. Unfortunately in the summer league, when you get the ball, you need to make a play because that ball isn't coming back to you. Everyone is trying to show off their offensive prowess.

Only caught one Sac game when Woody hit that desperation shot going into halftime.

That's pretty much what I have seen from him as well. Aaron is more of a garbage man that can run the floor in transition. He's never been able to add a consistent jumper and that kills his value in today's NBA.

Much respectable showing by White tonight. His minutes were slightly down in the 3rd + 4th quarter. 11 points and 6 rebounds. 3 of 4 from 3.

Much respectable showing by White tonight. His minutes were slightly down in the 3rd + 4th quarter. 11 points and 6 rebounds. 3 of 4 from 3.

He was actually 4-11 overall, 3-6 from three, had 8 rebounds, and an assist. I agree, it was a respectable performance. If he keeps working on that 3 point shot, he just might get an opportunity to play in the league one day.

I"m hoping for the best for all players to make the NBA . I saw Marble being waived twice . Hopefully, Marble doesn't lose his hope, that someone would take him in .