***Hawkeyes Humiliate the Hoosiers: Official Game Thread***

could have packed it in down 14. Fought back only to have Sapp miss 2 FTs and air ball a wide open 3. Fran is drawing up the plays but the players can't make the shots.

Our collapse in a nutshell. Two wide open shots to tie at the end of the game... missed them both.

Frustrating, but still better than the season was supposed to be.

I don't know about that. They are trending towards an 8/9 seed which is about the same as last season. The basketball team always gets my hopes up, and then mercilessly crushes them.

The bench play today and the improvement by Williams is very encouraging for the team, as they will need that as they make their tournament run. Having aanother guard step up is huge.

Hey coach..........Sapp and JU had been hitting the front of the rim all night! Should be a clue. Huge air ball! I believe Fran can't read the players very good. Can't wait for the BIG tourney. We'll be ousted the first game.

Baer should have gotten the last look. It would have been totally unexpected, he had the hot hand, and our seniors/upperclassmen have had years to prove themselves in late game situations and have always come up short.

No it isn't. Iowa was supposed to be a 1-2 seed just a couple weeks ago.

Who cares about pre-season expectations? Those are often inaccurate.

So you would have preferred that we finish ninth in the conference and not make the tournament. Good to know.

Plus, it's an opinion, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

could have packed it in down 14. Fought back only to have Sapp miss 2 FTs and air ball a wide open 3. Fran is drawing up the plays but the players can't make the shots.

Fran did have a couple great plays. Makes me wonder how other games could have turned out if he'd used a timeout or two late in games.

You want to know the biggest problem? Uthoff/Jok/Clemmons were a combined 13 of 43 from the field. That's 30% for those of you at home.

Well, that was another brutal game to watch.

FWIW I was standing up for our team before the back and forth got all, back and forth lol!

<3 to Quadcityhawk or whatever his name is. Cheers!

Fact is I don't have to say anything to your face. It's the beauty of the interwebs.

So you would have preferred that we finish ninth in the conference and not make the tournament. Good to know.

Plus, it's an opinion, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

The emotional side of me right now wants to say "yes" to your question. At least that way they wouldn't have gotten our hopes up only to lose their last 5 regular season games, first Big 10 tournament game and then flaming out in the NCAA tournament in front of a national audience.

Latest posts