Hawkeyes have a good chance of going 11-1

HawkeyeBench

I think this loss will be a good learning tool for Iowa, much like the 2002 loss to ISU. iowa was the much better team in the second half of tonight's game. I wasn't impressed with any of the other big ten teams watching them today, and I think Iowa should be able to roll through to the Ohio St. game without a loss. That should set up a big ten title game in Kinnick. Here's hoping.

I think they're going to have a good season by Iowa standards...but I'm thinking like 9-3.

We have to get alot better at picking up blitzes or a couple teams are going to make our life hell.

I respect your opinion but this is the last thing me and Im guessing a majority of all Hawk fans want to hear right now

There is little chance this o line figures it out quickly enough to be a huge factor once big ten play starts. Iowa catches some breaks with the schedule as PSU is looking very down this year, but once conference play starts beyond that I doubt much of a running game if tonight is any indication. While Kirk is a fantastic coach, he can't turn this performance tonight into a reliable big ten running game.

Im thinking 8-4. Losses Arizona, NW, OSU, Wisconsin.

I'm thinking we can beat Wisky, and NW...but OSU...and either...PSU, or UM will get us too in my opinion...unless the Oline and Ricky get an overhaul and quick...the oline couldn't pick up the blitz...and Ricky looked like a deer in headlights...

11-1?????? If the O line continues to play like that last series that's a pipe dream....and I want some of what you've got in that pipe.

I'm thinking we can beat Wisky, and NW...but OSU...and either...PSU, or UM will get us too in my opinion...unless the Oline and Ricky get an overhaul and quick...the oline couldn't pick up the blitz...and Ricky looked like a deer in headlights...

michigan and psu are both terrible. iowa will roll in both those games.

Lets start with 8-4 and work up from there. Everyone forgets that we lost half of our offense that was near the bottom of the league last year. How was the offense going to be dramatically different from last year? We have a rebuilt line and average albeit veteran QB. Not a great recipe for a championship (B10 or otherwise) season.

That offensive line got put behind the 8 ball tonight due to the Punt Block/TD, KO Return for TD, and Pick 6 off our WR. If all that special teams junk doesn't happen... Iowa runs the ball more and does what Iowa does best. Credit Stanzi and the defense for getting our beloved Hawkeyes back into this game, but AZ outplayed us in the end. They wanted it more, they were playing in their stadium in front of their fans. Hats off to them for pulling it out. It takes a great team to beat these Hawkeyes. 99% of teams would have fell apart at the end when Iowa tied it up. Arizona answered by driving the field for a go ahead TD. It hurts to lose, and be glad it does. None of the games the Cubs have lost since July have even bothered me AND technically that is worse.

11-1?????? If the O line continues to play like that last series that's a pipe dream....and I want some of what you've got in that pipe.

The OL will look better when we get the opportunity to run the ball without being behind from the start of the game.

No chance in Heck will they go 11 - 1. I will list the reasons

1) KOF
2) DJK needs to shut up and play - drop TD tonight.
3) O Line
4) special teams
5) RB depth - Jewel??????

Lets start with 8-4 and work up from there. Everyone forgets that we lost half of our offense that was near the bottom of the league last year. How was the offense going to be dramatically different from last year? We have a rebuilt line and average albeit veteran QB. Not a great recipe for a championship (B10 or otherwise) season.

there is not 3 teams in the big ten they could lose to. the osu game will be a toss up and i could see them losing one more game max.

The OL will look better when we get the opportunity to run the ball without being behind from the start of the game.

I hope so. I do agree about being behind. What really pisses me off is losing the game that way. It's one thing to go out and get beat by another team. I can live with that and not really worry about it. It's different when you just go out and pretty much give the game away because of mistakes. I have no idea what happened on that last series but that was some of the ugliest football I've seen for awhile.

Latest posts