Hawkeyes Firmly in Hunt for 5-Star Indiana F Trayce Jackson-Davis

As good as this kid is I think if we were to get only one (I know I'm pipe dreaming a little here but bear with me) between he and Brooks I think I'd take Brooks and his versatility and overall game. Davis I don't think can shoot outside the paint very well (at lease he doesn't show it). Now don't get me wrong if he'd commit I want him in a heart beat but I just hope he'll develop more of a shot then just around the rim like he seems to only have now. Absolutely best case scenario Fran shuffles the scholly situation up and we land both of those guys and we find our way to a couple final 4s with Foster coming the next yr.

As good as this kid is I think if we were to get only one (I know I'm pipe dreaming a little here but bear with me) between he and Brooks I think I'd take Brooks and his versatility and overall game. Davis I don't think can shoot outside the paint very well (at lease he doesn't show it). Now don't get me wrong if he'd commit I want him in a heart beat but I just hope he'll develop more of a shot then just around the rim like he seems to only have now. Absolutely best case scenario Fran shuffles the scholly situation up and we land both of those guys and we find our way to a couple final 4s with Foster coming the next yr.
It seems the Brooks movement is pretty quiet at this point. He’s is supposed to release a top 6 pretty soon and it is likely that Iowa isn’t on it.

Unfortunately our chances are still pretty slim. I applaud Fran’s effort but with those other schools still having their officials it’s going to be tough.

He could be part of missing link to the March Madness!
giphy.gif

I guess everyone can dig deep into Gutless Gary's pockets, except for the talent.
I saw that in regards to that FBI case going on that Zion Williamson had been asking recruiters for $ jobs and housing for his family.... Supposedly there's a taped conversation between a former Adidas big wig and a Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussing it.... Townsend said " If that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months we're going to have to do it some way".....
So obviously the next question is what'd Duke do to win the auction?

I saw that in regards to that FBI case going on that Zion Williamson had been asking recruiters for $ jobs and housing for his family.... Supposedly there's a taped conversation between a former Adidas big wig and a Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussing it.... Townsend said " If that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months we're going to have to do it some way".....
So obviously the next question is what'd Duke do to win the auction?

Everyone will circle around Coach K no matter what. Even if Kansas was offering 100k and a house for his parents, people will just assume he went to Duke for free because Duke is Duke.

It might be time to just give up on NCAA basketball. Blow the whole thing up.

Everyone will circle around Coach K no matter what. Even if Kansas was offering 100k and a house for his parents, people will just assume he went to Duke for free because Duke is Duke.

It might be time to just give up on NCAA basketball. Blow the whole thing up.
Yeah your probably right about the circling of the wagons around him.. He'll get the benefit of any smidgeon of a doubt. I'm not that naïve though. Most college hoop fans aren't I would think. It's mostly the media that'll even help cover for him. They all kiss his ring too.
What would be the logic behind asking for stuff like that from all the others and not getting a thing from the school you end up picking? Take the name Duke out of it and that just makes no sense at all. Maybe they found a fool proof way of keeping it all hidden and on the down low for now but don't tell me they are clean.

Yeah your probably right about the circling of the wagons around him.. He'll get the benefit of any smidgeon of a doubt. I'm not that naïve though. Most college hoop fans aren't I would think. It's mostly the media that'll even help cover for him. They all kiss his ring too.
What would be the logic behind asking for stuff like that from all the others and not getting a thing from the school you end up picking? Take the name Duke out of it and that just makes no sense at all. Maybe they found a fool proof way of keeping it all hidden and on the down low for now but don't tell me they are clean.

If I had to guess I'd assume Coach K has people around him...boosters, shoe companies, sponsors, whatever...that completely shield him and give him complete deniability. I'd assume the same is supposed to be true of Roy Toy, Self, Slick Rick, Sean Miller...all of them.

One thing that SEEMS true is that Izzo is actually running a clean program. I mean clean as far as improper benefits to players. He's soiled up to his hairline in Larry Nassar stuff

If I had to guess I'd assume Coach K has people around him...boosters, shoe companies, sponsors, whatever...that completely shield him and give him complete deniability. I'd assume the same is supposed to be true of Roy Toy, Self, Slick Rick, Sean Miller...all of them.

One thing that SEEMS true is that Izzo is actually running a clean program. I mean clean as far as improper benefits to players. He's soiled up to his hairline in Larry Nassar stuff[/QUOTE]
How he hasn't been ran out of town by HIS OWN FAN BASE for his ties to Walton alone is beyond me...