Hawkeyes Continue Hot Pursuit of Kyle Filipowski

Those first couple plays in his highlight tape there are pretty sick. 6'10... Easy to see why he's a top 100 kid. Smooth looking long athlete with a handle. Not sure we have a snow balls chance of getting him. He won't stay ranked 88th I bet... But here's to hoping at least our hat is in the ring.

That is a lot of schools looking at him. Seems to move pretty well for a big guy. Loved his dunk down the lane. Looks like he would be a good pick up and could help lead us to another 2nd round I'm sure.

Looks like he would be a good pick up and could help lead us to another 2nd round I'm sure.
You should really find another team to root for. I mean, you loathe being a Hawkeye fan so much that no one here would fault you for it. Michigan is going to be returning to it's glory days and Juwan Howard is both a good coach and a decent guy.

You could go the Kansas, UNC, or Duke route as well, but they're slipping slightly.

I think the best way to go would be to jump on with the new kids on the block, Gonzaga or Baylor. Those teams are fashionable right now, and you won't get as many moans and groans from other people as you would rooting for the old guard blue bloods.

You should really find another team to root for. I mean, you loathe being a Hawkeye fan so much that no one here would fault you for it. Michigan is going to be returning to it's glory days and Juwan Howard is both a good coach and a decent guy.

You could go the Kansas, UNC, or Duke route as well, but they're slipping slightly.

I think the best way to go would be to jump on with the new kids on the block, Gonzaga or Baylor. Those teams are fashionable right now, and you won't get as many moans and groans from other people as you would rooting for the old guard blue bloods.
Wooh Fry, I was actually complementing him and I think he would help us stay competitive and in the NCAA picture (1st round, 2nd round....that has been what has been and is what it is until proven otherwise....which you have pretty much conceded as of late as well). I think he would be a good get if we get him. Again, quite a bit of schools showing interest and for good reason.

No interest in those others schools....only if we could steal players from them from time to time....or once in a blue moon.

Staying in the NCAA picture a majority of the time in a decade is minimum requirement as I have always maintained. I think he would help us with that. More power to Fran if he lands him.

Last edited:
We know Fran has a gift for finding diamonds in the rough. This kid looks more like a diamond. Go get em Fran. Our conference record this past season should help like crazy.

That is a lot of schools looking at him. Seems to move pretty well for a big guy. Loved his dunk down the lane. Looks like he would be a good pick up and could help lead us to another 2nd round I'm sure.
Thought I would take a look at this out of curiosity since Fry commented. Yep. It’s the same as all your other posts. I look at about 2 a month and they could all be in the same thread...any thread. No substance...ever.

1619740021106.png

Thought I would take a look at this out of curiosity since Fry commented. Yep. It’s the same as all your other posts. I look at about 2 a month and they could all be in the same thread...any thread. No substance...ever.
I don't get the hate here....keep reading above to my response to Fry's interpretation. This was only praise for going after this kid and trying to keep us in the NCAA picture.

You keep looking for the negative when there is none. Please don't take things so literally.

I don't get the hate here....keep reading above to my response to Fry's interpretation. This was only praise for going after this kid and trying to keep us in the NCAA picture.

You keep looking for the negative when there is none. Please don't take things so literally.
You brought this on all by yourself 56. You can try to cover your ass all you want but your post history tells a different story.

You brought this on all by yourself 56. You can try to cover your ass all you want but your post history tells a different story.
BS. Some people need not take things so literally. That can be the problem with interpretation and online. And, again, Fry has said Iowa is a limited program in the NCAAs....so I don't get the uproar for cheering for a kid to come here that can help us to get to the 2nd round. If we can go further than that, then well great.

Last edited:

“Another 2nd round” is your typical weak troll garbage. FYI I didn’t have to take another look to remember the same old post. I don’t hate. You’re posts are just irrelevant and a waste of my time. So I ignore them so I have more time for posts of substance...including those that don’t agree with me.

“Another 2nd round” is your typical weak troll garbage. FYI I didn’t have to take another look to remember the same old post. I don’t hate. You’re posts are just irrelevant and a waste of my time. So I ignore them so I have more time for posts of substance...including those that don’t agree with me.
Before you start hating on me.....look at what Fry's outlook is for the program.

Another 2nd round is another competitive season and if that is the ceiling, so be it. As long as we are getting to the NCAA right?

And, yet again, I was complementing this recruit (who looks good for his size) and I think he could help us to get back to another 2nd round.

Would you have rather me said he will take us to the Final Four?

Before you start hating on me.....look at what Fry's outlook is for the program.

Another 2nd round is another competitive season and if that is the ceiling, so be it. As long as we are getting to the NCAA right?

And, yet again, I was complementing this recruit (who looks good for his size) and I think he could help us to get back to another 2nd round.

Would you have rather me said he will take us to the Final Four?
It does seem ironic that Fry has posted many times about how Iowa fans shouldn't expect to make the Sweet 16 and to just accept that our ceiling is the 2nd round, but then you make a comment about how this kid can help us make the 2nd round and somehow that's negative, but stating Iowa fans shouldn't expect better than the 2nd round isn't negative?

It does seem ironic that Fry has posted many times about how Iowa fans shouldn't expect to make the Sweet 16 and to just accept that our ceiling is the 2nd round, but then you make a comment about how this kid can help us make the 2nd round and somehow that's negative, but stating Iowa fans shouldn't expect better than the 2nd round isn't negative?
Yes, I don't get it either.