HawkeyeGamefilm's analysis

CHShawk

I really enjoy reading through HawkeyeGamefilm's analysis. I was wondering what his credentials are with football. You don't need to give too much information away, but I was wondering if he was a former player or coach and at what level(s) (high school, college, etc)? Keep up the good work!

He does it for a living. He even does it for NFL teams. Many NFL teams hire someone like him to do an independent, unbiased review of the game films.

Many NFL teams do it because he doesn't have the biases & prejudices of the coaching staff. It is very helpful to have an outsider review the films.

He posted on Jon's earlier site for many years.

I really enjoy reading through HawkeyeGamefilm's analysis. I was wondering what his credentials are with football. You don't need to give too much information away, but I was wondering if he was a former player or coach and at what level(s) (high school, college, etc)? Keep up the good work!

Played in HS & College. I was a DB in college so I tend to be more knowledgeable about the reads and schemes for that position group. I've done a fair amount of scouting work the last 5 years for both HS->D1 and NCAA->NFL prospects. Started doing NFL draft evaluations work 4 years ago in the mid-west region. No longer doing the NFL analysis for any organization. I still do some HS scouting work occasionally as well.

I actually started breaking down Iowa games 2 years ago mostly to look at the NFL prospects on the team. Didn't really intend to make a habit out of it but people seemed to like reading the stuff.

Played in HS & College. I was a DB in college so I tend to be more knowledgeable about the reads and schemes for that position group. I've done a fair amount of scouting work the last 5 years for both HS->D1 and NCAA->NFL prospects. Started doing NFL draft evaluations work 4 years ago in the mid-west region. No longer doing the NFL analysis for any organization. I still do some HS scouting work occasionally as well.

I actually started breaking down Iowa games 2 years ago mostly to look at the NFL prospects on the team. Didn't really intend to make a habit out of it but people seemed to like reading the stuff.

I'm sure I can speak for everyone on here and say yes we really do enjoy reading about it. You do excellent work and it is awesome stuff. Welcome to HN.

Thanks for the background info - you do an awesome job, I really enjoy reading it!

Just uploaded a play breakdown from HGF that we will have on the site in the morning, complete with x's and o's diagram...I love the stuff

jon, great pickup. i love this stuff, and surprisingly many, many sites don't have it. opinions are great and all, but i appreciate the breakdown in understandable language.

Just uploaded a play breakdown from HGF that we will have on the site in the morning, complete with x's and o's diagram...I love the stuff

Game film's analysis is exactly the type of stuff these boards need. It is interesting, informative, and provides depth of understanding.

I am more of an analytical person so having Gamefilm's breakdowns are just a treat to look forward to during the week - they really stand out amongst the ranting and raving.

Jon...maybe having a topical thread each week with game film would be a novel idea (such as what exactly is cover2, each DBs responsibility, and how offenses try to attack it or Concepts of zone run blocking, etc.
I think it could be a real hit!!!
Of course, he would have to be willing to do it.

Not coincidentally, it seemed like the Iowa staff came to just about the same exact grades on Iowa players performances after the ISU game,and made the exact changes that Gamefilm seemed to suggest,or imply,in his analysis.

I am sure that we are getting similar quality analysis from Gamefilm as our long time college assistant coaches produce for KF or KF himself would produce.

I guess that film does not lie,and I commend Gamefilm for his expert work,and the Iowa coaching staff for coming to the same proper conclusions and having the willingness to make the necessary changes,quickly. I am feeling much better about the team going into next week,based on Gamefilm's analysis of the shuffling of the players and their potential in their new spots.

Great stuff HGF........Thanks for doing it.......

Go Hawks

Does gamefilm have access to coaches tape or just the tv broadcast? I think it would be difficult for him without all the angles.

Latest posts