Hawkeye Slide Continues with Lopsided Loss at Indiana

Getting tired of the drawing board

drawingboard1.jpg

:cool:

Isn’t it up to the PG to make sure everybody knows the play?

I would say some of the responsibility falls on the PG to set up the play, but the other players should know the play when it is called. If a play is called in football, does the QB make sure everyone else knows where to go on the play? The other players should know what they do on the East right flop Y Left Fake 396 play. :)

With that being said, this does point back to coaching or how the practices are run to get the players on the same page. There is some kind of communication issue going on with this team. You can try to point to youth, but all of these players have played plenty of basketball. Players on offense not knowing the plays and defense leaving opponents wide open - seems like coaching to me.

I would say some of the responsibility falls on the PG to set up the play, but the other players should know the play when it is called. If a play is called in football, does the QB make sure everyone else knows where to go on the play? The other players should know what they do on the East right flop Y Left Fake 396 play. :)

With that being said, this does point back to coaching or how the practices are run to get the players on the same page. There is some kind of communication issue going on with this team. You can try to point to youth, but all of these players have played plenty of basketball. Players on offense not knowing the plays and defense leaving opponents wide open - seems like coaching to me.
Yep. You’re right.

Maybe I read JBo’s quote wrong. I thought it said that some were running a different play. That’s on the PG.

If it’s some didn’t know the play then that’s on coaching obviously.

To me this team looks like a bunch of guys with no confidence, no chemistry and no leadership on the floor. Add the fact that they're missing a talent piece to that equation and you've got no one to go to, when it's time to make a play or get in someones face, when they need to nut up on D.

There's no rhythm to their offensive sets and we're slow footed on D. Low post defenders are forced to help, leaving the backdoor or kick outs to the perimeter wide open. It's crazy the lack of fundamentals this team is showing. And it's very apparent by a casual fan, that doesn't know much about basketball.

It's disappointing because I was really hoping for the basketball team to lift me up, after a sad football season.