Hawkeye Slide Continues with Lopsided Loss at Indiana

RobHowe

Administrator
Iowa lost for the third time in a row and for the fifth time in six games Monday when it fell, 77-64, at Indiana:

LINK

18 turnovers for a second game in a row. Only five in the second half, but that stretch to end the first half was brutal.

Defense is as bad or worse than last year and no Jok to bail us out on the offensive end either by scoring directly or drawing attention to open up others.

This is just a bad team with bad fundamentals, no desire on the defensive end, and a coaching staff with no answers. Bad combination. I don't think we can win more than 4 conference games this year...

apathy for me set in during the penn state game

It was awfully early but apathy set in for me after the losses in the caymans.. Those two losses were a pretty bad omen.. The last few have iced it. So yeah, it's been a pretty disappointing season to say the least, right out of the chute.

At least they put me out of my misery early instead of stringing me along until February before crumbling.

22 pts given up again off turns.
Find 8 guys willing to nut it up and tough out the rest of 17/18.
This. The second half starting five takes five spots. I’d add Kreiner he’s a hustler. Split with Garza who will get in foul trouble

Play them until they’re gassed or 4 fouls.

JBO looks like he’s feeling sorry for himself. Moss is out-of-control. Whoever decides to show up gets most of backup minutes.

I guess. *meh*

Iowa looks lethargic on both ends too often. Not sure what that is all about.

That's a result of 3/4 of the team not being worthy of a scholarship at this level. This is one of the worst Iowa teams I've ever seen. Fundamentally pathetic, clueless coaches and absolutely no heart. These guys look like they just started playing basketball a few years ago.

Losing teams look lethargic. Winning teams look energized. The team looked energized when they made the run early in the 2nd half. It's deeper than that. Defense and turnovers.

This. The second half starting five takes five spots. I’d add Kreiner he’s a hustler. Split with Garza who will get in foul trouble

Play them until they’re gassed or 4 fouls.

JBO looks like he’s feeling sorry for himself. Moss is out-of-control. Whoever decides to show up gets most of backup minutes.

I guess. *meh*

Moss' handles are really bad for a 2. Weak left hand. How many times has he straight plowed into someone on a 1 on 1 break bc he's out of control with the ball?!? It's the same horrible, predictable f ups over and over and over and over. Has this team improved in any area this year? Or even a player in any area?

Moss' handles are really bad for a 2. Weak left hand. How many times had he straight plowed into someone on a 1 on 1 break bc he's out of control with the ball?!? It's the same horrible, predictable f ups over and over and over and over. Has this improved in any area this year? Or even a player in any area?
Not much.
So why not play the guys that hustle?