Hawkeye Recruits in Action: Week 1

No mention of John Kenny here:

Carmel 21, Valparaiso 20
Jack Thompson rushed for 110 yards, including two touchdowns, helping the Class 5A No. 1 Greyhounds (2-0) prevail on the road against the unheralded Vikings (0-2).

Carmel quarterback Brandon Lugar was 9-of-13 passing for 104 yards, including a 20-yard scoring strike to Austin Roberts in the third quarter. Carmel place kicker Billy Stumbo provided the difference as he was perfect on three PATs. Valparaiso scored two touchdowns, and Caleb Dawson converted both Vikings' field goal attempts, connecting from 49 and 36 yards.

High school football: Week 2 Live Roundup | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

I know hes not a hawkeye recruit, but he should be, Kenny floyd of norwalk maybe the best RB in 3A. 11 of the last 12 games dating back from last yr hes avg. Over 150 yrds and 4-5 tds a game. got close to 2,000 yrds last yr. Tonight he ran 200 yrds on 17 carries with 5 tds. Kid is crazy good. Iowa should look at him.
Hes not a D1 back... had a hell of a game tonight and should have some opportunities to play at the next level, just not D1.

Jeremy Morgan sure he wants to play bball? that kid can play some football, excellent receiver.

IMHO, Dondre Alexander and Jeremy Morgan are both better football talents than basketball talents, but they're both planning to play basketball at the next level. West hit the jackpot with those two athletes in the same class.

I know hes not a hawkeye recruit, but he should be, Kenny floyd of norwalk maybe the best RB in 3A. 11 of the last 12 games dating back from last yr hes avg. Over 150 yrds and 4-5 tds a game. got close to 2,000 yrds last yr. Tonight he ran 200 yrds on 17 carries with 5 tds. Kid is crazy good. Iowa should look at him.
Hes not a D1 back... had a hell of a game tonight and should have some opportunities to play at the next level, just not D1.

Did you watch him at all last year, every game was a highlight reel for him? and now hes a senior, he'll have a better year. Like another poster said, he might be good enough to walk on.

Todd Worly of 247Sports is reporting that Solomon Warfield has a minor injury and though he has been cleared, he won't be in action tonight for St Edward's game with Glenville.

Derrick Mitchell has 2 TD catches and an INT on defense as his Vashon team leads Cleveland NJROTC 46-8 late in the game.

Did you watch him at all last year, every game was a highlight reel for him? and now hes a senior, he'll have a better year. Like another poster said, he might be good enough to walk on.

I covered a couple of his games last year. Hes solid no doubt and i agree he could perhaps walk on but i personally believe he will wind up playing a more significant role for a smaller college.

Latest posts