Hawkeye Highlight Video I Made

I am completely new to these forums. Just discovered the excellent podcast a few weeks ago. I am also new to the HawkeyeReport forums and am really trying to get more involved with the Hawkeye community and have been really enjoying it so far. After the Minnesota win and the 10-0 start I was inspired to make a highlight video of the season so far. It is the first video I've ever made using the iMovie software on my new Mac. I'm hoping to make a follow up video this coming weekend to celebrate 12-0 (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc).

I was a student at Iowa from 2004-2008 and never missed a game, but have had to live in Michigan for the last several years. My wife and I just moved back to Iowa a little over a year ago and I was able to make it to the Pitt and Purdue games this year. Really looking forward to getting season tickets for next year and getting back into the swing of tailgating and going to every game.

Looking forward to being an active member of these forums that seem fantastic from everything I've seen so far.

Check out the video if you have a few minutes. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODKuj-Ybj0I

like the video, not the audio. putting stuff up that has multiple 'f that' in the audio, probably not suitable in a public forum with kids and many adults who are not fond of that word. just unnecessary. yeah, get off my lawn guy here...i suppose.

tumblr_m8lxqlP9Am1rbg5nho1_500.jpg

I would have used the Kid Cudi featuring Ratatat version myself but nicely done all the same.

Back2Back, don't take it personal.....if there is one guarantee about doing a highlight video, people are always, always, always complain about the music you select.

like the video, not the audio. putting stuff up that has multiple 'f that' in the audio, probably not suitable in a public forum with kids and many adults who are not fond of that word. just unnecessary. yeah, get off my lawn guy here...i suppose.
iThis. ^^^^

Great video! You should be proud of your work and I appreciate you sharing it. I, like Imported, would like to have you use a different song. I am not offended by the language, but some folks I would like to share it with, like my grand children, for example, would not be a good audience. Just a thought.

Great video! You should be proud of your work and I appreciate you sharing it. I, like Imported, would like to have you use a different song. I am not offended by the language, but some folks I would like to share it with, like my grand children, for example, would not be a good audience. Just a thought.

yeah - i have kids - so i key in on this stuff. my kids also have grandparents - who also aren't fans.

to the person who said that certain words are 'bad' and that is 'bad'. uh, ok.

Please don't get butt-hurt about this but, all you did was take already edited content from the hit videos and network television and timed it to music. I don't have any problem with the music btw.

Welcome to HN! Probably should mark your post with a NSFW warning. Other than that, I got no problem with it. Well done.

No hard feelings about any of the comments. I appreciate the feedback. For the music I completely understand that people have different tastes and that is ok.

Please don't get butt-hurt about this but, all you did was take already edited content from the hit videos and network television and timed it to music. I don't have any problem with the music btw.

Yes this is exactly what I did. I would venture a guess that 99% of fan created youtube highlight videos use the exact same method.

As far as the language goes if any of the administrators feel the video needs to come down because of the language please let me know and I will remove it or you can just delete the thread. Apologies for that.

Thanks to those that welcomed me.

Go Hawks!

I didn't catch any bad words but I typically don't listen to the lyrics that closely. I thought it was well done. But, since new, you do need to be careful of the potential audience on this site. Think family prior to posting.

Latest posts