Hawkeye fans need to calm down!

hawkrazz

My God.....I hope the new coach doesn't read the boards here or he may just want to stop that U-Haul truck and head back to NY! What is it with our basketball fans NEVER being able to back a guy? Lute, Raveling, Davis, etc. all had to deal with fan negativity and not being satisfied....of all of those coaches, the only one I was cool with facing the fans' wrath was Alford because he started to deserve it....otherwise it was "Davis doesn't get us far enough in the tournament" or "George Raveling wears sweatsuits and does book reviews on his coach's show!" or other petty complaints that make us look like total jerks to the coaching community....despite all of the negative fans out there this guy WANTS TO COACH THE HAWKS and we need to back off the overreacting and snide mocking of him and try to give him a chance and out support....or maybe you need to back away from the program for awhile and stew in silence! Calm it down Hawk fans!!!

My God.....I hope the new coach doesn't read the boards here or he may just want to stop that U-Haul truck and head back to NY! What is it with our basketball fans NEVER being able to back a guy? Lute, Raveling, Davis, etc. all had to deal with fan negativity and not being satisfied....of all of those coaches, the only one I was cool with facing the fans' wrath was Alford because he started to deserve it....otherwise it was "Davis doesn't get us far enough in the tournament" or "George Raveling wears sweatsuits and does book reviews on his coach's show!" or other petty complaints that make us look like total jerks to the coaching community....despite all of the negative fans out there this guy WANTS TO COACH THE HAWKS and we need to back off the overreacting and snide mocking of him and try to give him a chance and out support....or maybe you need to back away from the program for awhile and stew in silence! Calm it down Hawk fans!!!

I agree, give the guy a chance, he may turn out to be the best coach Iowa has ever had.

Keep in mind that most have been completely supportive of this hire. Also, it's impossible to know if the "others" are even Hawkeye fans or if they are just hear to stir things up.

It's very easy to spit out venom about the coach when you can hide behind your screen name.

I'm please to see so many throwing their support behind Fran!

It wouldn't be the worst thing if he pulled an Altman...

Latest posts