Hawkeye fans going to Chicago!!!

franstheman

To all Hawkeye fans going to Chicago: Me and a couple of others are going from Iowa City to Chicago for the NIU vs. Iowa football game but are not very familiar with Chicago. So we want to know where you guys are staying and what kinds of events or other things are being set up for Hawkeye fans making the trip?

There will be a Hawkeye huddle at Navy Pier the night before the game, other than that there is a great hawkeye bar in wrigleyville named Merkles Pub. Chicago is filled with great places to go.

Chicago is a fairly big town.

last time, there were some Iowa events at navy Pier, and they always have firewirks there in any event.

Cubs game on Friday is Iowa day.

There will be a Hawkeye Huddle.

All of that off the top of my head.

There is the Cubs game friday. We are going to hit up Merkle's(Hawkeye bar) Friday night. Not really sure about events that are being set up.

I'll be around but of course, I already live in the area and work in the loop.

We'll be kicking my bachelor party off with the game. Staying at Hyatt McCormick close to the stadium. Dinner at Zed451. Drinks after about town.. likely Clark Street Ale House among some other venues.

I'm getting into Chicago on Thursday night, staying at the intercontinental on Mich Ave. cubs and Hawks and lots of beers. should be a solid weekend.

Chicago is a fairly big town.

last time, there were some Iowa events at navy Pier, and they always have firewirks there in any event.

Cubs game on Friday is Iowa day.

There will be a Hawkeye Huddle.

All of that off the top of my head.

Make it so.

I highly recommend the embassy suites, plenty of good bars within ealking distance, cocktail hour from 5-7 and always cabs around to get you to Soldier.

What about hotels where are you staying?

You can stay downtown as others have mentioned, but truthfully downtown is pretty lame; especially at night (not the safest either). I'd suggest staying here Boutique Hotels Lincoln Park | Chicago Business Hotel | Days Inn, Chicago, IL . It's in one of the best neighborhoods in the city and is pretty reasonably priced. Plus food, shopping, etc in this area cannot be beat. It's also very safe and is a $10-15 cab ride to Soldier. Hope this helps.

I'm staying at the Motel 6 out in Westmont. Sure, it's a bit more driving, but it's really economical. Go Hawks!

Is Sedjwicks in Lincoln Park still a Hawkeye bar, as well?

No.

Merkle's, Four Shadows, Theory (only downton option), Spoco, Barleycorn - Wrigleyville (on gamedays ONLY) and any other bar that may hang a Hawkeye flag outside from September to January. Merkle's and Four Shadows are the most die-hard, year-round Hawkeye bars, the others just cater to the Hawks on Saturdays.

Chicago Iowa Club ::: ON IOWA!

No.

Merkle's, Four Shadows, Theory (only downton option), Spoco, Barleycorn - Wrigleyville (on gamedays ONLY) and any other bar that may hang a Hawkeye flag outside from September to January. Merkle's and Four Shadows are the most die-hard, year-round Hawkeye bars, the others just cater to the Hawks on Saturdays.

Chicago Iowa Club ::: ON IOWA!

I believe Bowman's (Which is farther north and near Half Acre) is also a pretty serious Hawkeye bar. I don't believe they are into any other team either..
Bowmans Tavern & Grill

Latest posts