Hawkeye fans are funny

CAARHawk

Banned
There is always a predictable pattern:

1) just leading up to the season fans will start making claims that take for granted a certain excellence of players who have either never played or played really sparingly.

Entirely rebuilt O and D lines.

2) They will also start overlooking demonstrated shortcomings of returning players.

Davis' inability to keep his pads down.
Vandy's inability to handle pressure.
Morris' inability to shed a block.

3) After the first game, their unrealistic expectations will bring their optimism crashing to the ground.

Read the game thread.

4) They will start calling for different players who have either never played or played extremely sparingly.

Alston, Sokol, Ruddock.

well, at least kok can't be the punching bag any longer - i feel good for him in that regard.

norm - his defense was antiquated, so i feel better about Iowa's d as well....."BLITZ"......

iowa fan - i understand why the clowns abuse some of the 'hoks' in our fanbases....

Still happy KoK is gone. Not happy that many of the old drive stalling habits showed up yesterday without him.

Newsflash...it's not a pattern unique to Hawkeye fans nor any single fanbase for that matter. Heck, it's not even unique to college sports.

Meh, I think an individual fan tends to consistently lean optimist or pessimist, but there is a wide variation amongst the entire fan population.

Latest posts