Hawkeye Fan - Lincoln INVASION

There is a lot of talk this week in Omaha on local radio about how many Iowa fans will be in Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska next Friday.

They've been bagging on how Iowa can't even sellout Senior Day being undefeated. I simply ask...what would you rather have...a 10-0 team or a sellout?

There's also plenty of clamoring to not sell tickets to anyone in Iowa and remove them from StubHub or any other online ticket reseller to keep Hawks fans out next Friday.

With a 2:30 pm kickoff, it being Nebraska's Super Bowl and opportunity for bowl eligibility (they've now become Iowa State) and potentially an undefeated season on the line for Iowa, there may be more visiting fans inside that stadium than any other game in Husker history.

I already have my tickets, but if anyone needs help securing tickets in Lincoln or Omaha, please let me know as I'd be happy to help out if you find some on Craigslist, etc.

Who else is going to Lincoln?

7935650.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if we could tear down their goalposts or not ( doubt it) but a bunch of Iowa fans taking celebrating on their field would be awesome

Let's talk about this Saturday about 4 PM. I have hardly thougth about the Nebby game and I am sure the players and coaches can focus better on Purdue and ignore Nebby than all of us.

The running game is really good, passing is above avg and efficient and better than most years, the defense needs to fix some leaks, and kicking/special teams are pretty strong so go hawks and beat Purdue.

There is a lot of talk this week in Omaha on local radio about how many Iowa fans will be in Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska next Friday.They've been bagging on how Iowa can't even sellout Senior Day being undefeated. I simply ask...what would you rather have...a 10-0 team or a sellout?There's also plenty of clamoring to not sell tickets to anyone in Iowa and remove them from StubHub or any other online ticket reseller to keep Hawks fans out next Friday.With a 2:30 pm kickoff, it being Nebraska's Super Bowl and opportunity for bowl eligibility (they've now become Iowa State) and potentially an undefeated season on the line for Iowa, there may be more visiting fans inside that stadium than any other game in Husker history.I already have my tickets, but if anyone needs help securing tickets in Lincoln or Omaha, please let me know as I'd be happy to help out if you find some on Craigslist, etc.Who else is going to Lincoln?
7935650.jpg
That's strange coming from a fan base that not only 2 weeks ago wanted to fire their coach. The fuskers wanted everybody to sell their tickets to the Iowa fans as kind of a protest to get rid of Riley. Now they are on this huge win streak and all is good in fusker land. They call themselves the greatest fans.

DO we really think there will be more than the last time? Kinda think Nebraska fans are pumped for this game.

Lincoln, Nebraska, after dark? Are you guys nuts? :p, Good luck to those that go, yell loud, and bring home the hardware....tough city, tough atmosphere, and an even tougher bunch of fans (delusional, I should've said) I will be there in spirit.....

Everyone knows (except husker fans, apparently) that their sellout streak is a load of **** anyway.... Leave it to nebby to brag about a BS stat like that when their actual program is in the dumps. That's a new kind of stupid. They should probably keep their mouth shut leading up to this game, and hope for some luck like in their MSU game

I will be there with my 2 kids...hoping I can be obnoxious and rub it in after a hawkeye win...seriously my life would be complete! I have went to 4 games at Nebraska....two times saw Oklahoma back in the day beat the might Osborne teams, saw Colorado beat Nebraska, and saw Iowa lose to Nebraska. THose are darn good percentages figuring their home record.

I'll be there tailgating with a group of Husker and Hawkeye fans! Should be a great end to our regular season and their season!

The guys worried about fans looking past Purdue, what position do you play so I can be on the lookout for you Saturday?

Was just invited to sit in the skybox of a pretty (well, very) famous Nebraska fan for the Iowa game. Had to make sure I wouldn't be torn to bits for rooting for my hawks, but I'll be repping the U upstairs!

Latest posts