Hawkeye could lead team onto field

This was my take on it. 70,000 screaming fans is going to scare the crap out of that dog. It just feels exploitive.

I was referring to this post, where he is pretty specific in describing how it would effect the dog in an exploitative way. If you think that exposure of this man's service would be exploitative, then should we never honor the people who fight for our freedoms? It is in these unique situations (name of the dog being Hawkeye) that causes us, even if for a second to honor ALL of those that have served this country.

I do not care if it was a pig that was named Hawkeye that couldn't leave his casket this is a story that needs to be told for all of our soldiers and the uniqueness that is in evyone of their lives. (However, if it was a pig I would argue for using him for the Minnesota game)

I was referring to this post, where he is pretty specific in describing how it would effect the dog in an exploitative way. If you think that exposure of this man's service would be exploitative, then should we never honor the people who fight for our freedoms? It is in these unique situations (name of the dog being Hawkeye) that causes us, even if for a second to honor ALL of those that have served this country.

I do not care if it was a pig that was named Hawkeye that couldn't leave his casket this is a story that needs to be told for all of our soldiers and the uniqueness that is in evyone of their lives. (However, if it was a pig I would argue for using him for the Minnesota game)

I have no problem honoring this guy, but question whether a football game is the best place to do it. Also having his dog (who obviously has no choice in the matter) running out - leading the team onto the field, whipping up the crowd is just awful.

I have no problem honoring this guy, but question whether a football game is the best place to do it. Also having his dog (who obviously has no choice in the matter) running out - leading the team onto the field, whipping up the crowd is just awful.

that is why I posted this:

we can think of all the bad things that could happen, but the most important thing is recognizing the effort and service of the serviceman.

I say instead of leading the team out of the tunnel, have him go out with a cheerleader when they carry Herky out of the tunnel.

or on second thought have the dog led out during a moment of silence, and have him stay through the star spangled banner by an exit (showing him on the big screen). that is the only logical situation I can think of.

is the use of Bevo, Buffalo, or Auburns War Eagle exploitative? I think not, just once for this dog to honor his master (even if he doesn't understand) is what should be done.

that is why I posted this:

we can think of all the bad things that could happen, but the most important thing is recognizing the effort and service of the serviceman.

I say instead of leading the team out of the tunnel, have him go out with a cheerleader when they carry Herky out of the tunnel.

or on second thought have the dog led out during a moment of silence, and have him stay through the star spangled banner by an exit (showing him on the big screen). that is the only logical situation I can think of.

is the use of Bevo, Buffalo, or Auburns War Eagle exploitative? I think not, just once for this dog to honor his master (even if he doesn't understand) is what should be done.

That's why I posted this:

While those things all suck, they're not exploitative. This isn't a PETA issue with the exploitation of animals, it's the exploiting of a dead serviceman that's offensive.

Well you all can say what you want. I would say let my dog run all over that field(My dog loves shotguns, no reason for me to believe he wouldnt love 75k hawk fans. Ive never seen any attention he didnt like). Either way let his family decide.

I love this idea and truly hope it happens. Kudos for the former football player who brought this to the attention of the Iowa football office. Would be a wonderful tribute.

Latest posts