HAWK FANS

What's with all the just God awful attitude towards your team? Trust me I am disgusted by our football programs relevance since '09 but God all of you want to jump ship as if you are a bunch of bandwagon Badger fans. We need the fans that showed up against Wisconsin this year because our team and coaching staff feeds off the fan base! Think positive even if the going gets tough. C'mon

I literally screamed until I felt blood in the back of my throat for both of those games. Apparently it didn't help. Next suggestion?

If Jake Rudock and Mark Weismann are absolutely the best skill players at the positions they were asked to play this year, that says a lot about the ability of this HC and his staff to recruit to a BoneG program. I

You can win football games and beat good teams with Rudock. However, you cannot beat good teams with a fullback having 600+ career carries, nobody could.

Nice post from Colorado. I too remember the year we finally ended the 19 year non winning streak. Didnt go to the Rose Bowl or anything but was such a positive relief to get off that run! Really enjoyed winning 6 games or whatever it was that year. But Fry AND Ferentz have raised the bar winning championships, Having a chance at the whole thing (1985) and going to and winning New Years bowls. Noone in their right mind would expect Iowa to be a contender every year or not have some down years. Its tough for even the top programs to do that. All that being said 7-5 with the schedule we had coupled with the conservative yes even boring football the past few years demands that changes be made. May not work but years like the one we just had are only acceptable if you live in Ames! Everything in life is relative!

Yup, agree totally. I expect a down year, maybe two consecutive, here and there, but I also expect to bounce back after that with some good to great years as well. It's been since 2010 since Iowa has been ranked, even for a single week. That right there is the problem. In 2012, I was willing to stay patient and see if KF could get things back on track, but we're still waiting. We're hitting the point where it's just stagnation.

2013 seemed like a promising turnaround, getting to the Outback Bowl, but this year was a regression, in my eyes.

Don't get me started on the record against ISU. 7-9.. That's deplorable. I understood it the first few years when KF was still building the program, or even a loss to them on occasion, but he's still losing to them with regularity. In year 16!!!! This year's loss to ISU (2-10) in KINNICK, is the worst one of all IMO.

I will continue supporting the Hawkeyes but call it as I see until something changes. In my view, the coaching is killing the potential that lies within the current and future student athletes. Players develop, they get better, they play hard - but the coaching staff, esp. those long in the tooth, don't have a high propensity to change. So, the future looks a bit bleak from these eyes unless a Jacob Marley gets involved with a nice wake up scare for one to two of our coaches, or we get some new blood in there.

I agree.

Well, maybe that's where a sizeable portion of the Iowa fan base is.

From A poll on WHOTV.com yesterday (12/8/14).....I have a real hard time believing it is just HawkeyeNation message board posters that voted!:

The Hawkeyes finished the season 7-5.

Which word best describes the Iowa Hawkeyes' football season?

Disappointing 91.56%

Successful 8.44%

Comments (0) Return To Poll

Yeah quit being so negative guys, we have a massive opportunity on a Friday afternoon to knock off the Illinois of the SEC.

I think fans are still behind this team. This big issue is the promise of change and then you see little to no change in their approach. How many times can you hear the same song and dance and still want to shell out a bunch of money to fly down to the armpit of Florida? I will be watching the game but I won’t expect much which is horrible.

Do you really expect a fan base to keep getting pumped up for a team that they don’t expect much out of?

You can win football games and beat good teams with Rudock. However, you cannot beat good teams with a fullback having 600+ career carries, nobody could.

No you can't, we can't even beat bad teams with Rudock at QB. He, nor Weisman should be on the field at their respective positions. Nor would they be on any other team, but Iowa.

Thanks for the positivity. We could use plenty more of that around here.

From A poll on WHOTV.com yesterday (12/8/14).....I have a real hard time believing it is just HawkeyeNation message board posters that voted!:

The Hawkeyes finished the season 7-5.

Which word best describes the Iowa Hawkeyes' football season?

Disappointing 91.56%

Successful 8.44%

Comments (0) Return To Poll

Is that you Whit.