Hawk fans - we need to help this team and make Kinnick LOUD tomorrow

t looks like the gophers will be fired up tomorrow, out for revenge for past disgraces we've put on them. Our backs are to the wall and our only choice is to come out fighting. Let's make it loud and rowdy in Kinnick tomorrow and do our part to help this young team. Who's with me?

t looks like the gophers will be fired up tomorrow, out for revenge for past disgraces we've put on them. Our backs are to the wall and our only choice is to come out fighting. Let's make it loud and rowdy in Kinnick tomorrow and do our part to help this young team. Who's with me?

I am with you of course as are most all hawk fans. We will be screaming and loud but you know what, it might help if we can actually stop the other team from the beginning of the game. And if the offense scores to keep scoring.

I am not trying to bash the team but all three home games have been pretty boring and not exciting because the defense doesnt look ready and cant stop the opponent until late in the first half, By that time the crowd is out of it, restless and quiet.

And the offense starts ouf ok and then flounders really bad for 3 or 4 drives which again takes the crowd out of it.

I am hoping the defense comes to play from the opening whistle.

This guy.

To get the kind of crowd noise you're looking for, you're going to have to get 10,000 old farts that don't cheer to give up their tix first. You know the ones that listen to Dolph and Eddie while they are watching from the stands (they prefer you keep it down so they can hear their walkman radio.);)

The atomosphere at Kinnick to start a game is never the issue. You IMO have it opposite of how it should read, here I will help.
Hawkeye Football Team- you need to help the fans out so we can KEEP Kinnick LOUD tomorrow..

Last edited:
The atomosphere at Kinnick to start a game is never the issue. You IMO have it opposite of how it should read, here I will help.
Hawkeyes Football Team- you need to help the fans out so we can KEEP Kinnick LOUD tomorrow..

It was loud in there last Saturday at the end... didn't seem to help much.

It was loud in there last Saturday at the end... didn't seem to help much.

Yeah it didnt help at the end because right after the hawks score to go up 31-23 and after totally shutting down cmu the whole second half we do what we do alot and best which is go prevent adn give up a quick easy drive. If you just play tight with out all the cushion then they maybe score with 10 seconds on the clock.

Hawkeye Football Coaching Staff- you need to help the fans out so we can KEEP Kinnick LOUD tomorrow..

Fixed

If "past disgraces" is the motivation for being fired up, the HAWKS should be the one's goin' ape-s&!t out of the tunnel.;)

Yeah it didnt help at the end because right after the hawks score to go up 31-23 and after totally shutting down cmu the whole second half we do what we do alot and best which is go prevent adn give up a quick easy drive. If you just play tight with out all the cushion then they maybe score with 10 seconds on the clock.

Go watch the game again and tell me we weren't in press coverage on the last two drives.

Go watch the game again and tell me we weren't in press coverage on the last two drives.

If that was press coverage, then our corners are horrible. Once they got down inside the 20, yes, we tried, and failed at press coverage. I saw the game live, and deleted it from my DVR when I got home, so maybe they were in "normal" coverage, but if they were, then the secondary is worse than I thought.

If that was press coverage, then our corners are horrible. Once they got down inside the 20, yes, we tried, and failed at press coverage. I saw the game live, and deleted it from my DVR when I got home, so maybe they were in "normal" coverage, but if they were, then the secondary is worse than I thought.

your own preconceived notion of the quality of our secondary has nothing to do with the fact we played press coverage the entire drive.

your own preconceived notion of the quality of our secondary has nothing to do with the fact we played press coverage the entire drive.

That's what I'm saying, I didn't watch it again, but CENTRAL MICHIGAN easily went down the field against our press coverage? I just assumed we had to be prevent. It's pretty depressing actually.

Yes we were pressing and as you said it was DEPRESSING. Watching Buford and Draper being put in that situation in press coverage at the end of the game and then watching them get burnt play after play was so gaddam frustrating.

Press coverage!!!!!?????? our cornerbacks might have been in press coverage but the linebackers and nickle backs were way off the guys they were guarding. how the hell else do you explain all the yards after catch and that their receivers several times caught, ran, and go out of bounds.

What I was trying to point out is the defense had been playing lights out for 28 minutes of the second half and then they, or their scheme, or whatever made them look tentative and back off.

Latest posts