Having a hard time with this one...

HawkeyeWalker

...even more so than the AZ game. I bleed black and gold and I don't know if I put too much emotionally on the success of the Hawks (I think some of it is that I live in Omaha, NE and it's just so hard hearing the crap all year.)

Anyway, to my point. It is frustrating to see a team play so hard, offense looked good all game, Robinson played so well, wr's made play, and Stanzi was fairly solid (he missed a few guys and shouldn't have thrown that last one), but that is not my biggest frustration.

I won't say it's bad playcalling, but week in and week out (year in and year out), we seem to go into a shell when we can pour on some points. Maybe my emotions are getting the best of me cause I am so angry and i'm being "one of those fans". But come on, why run the qb sneak(good play call), run up to the line very quick, and then wait for a call from the sidelines. I am not a coach, but there is no reason not to clock that ball.

Oh, it hurts bad, just reeling.....

It hurts, but there were just so many mistakes. Only bad things happen when you make those types of mistakes. Iowa should have won IMO, but they didn't!

Also living in Omaha, I'm going to have to hear about the Bugeaters 'big win' and the Hawks choke job all week. I won't be able to listen to the radio, read the newspaper or watch the local news.

I agree totally, much more painful than Arizona. I think it has to be the way it went down. The fake punt, to me, was the ultimate kick in the shnuts. I still can't get past that. Unbelievable.

Yeah, it definitely sucks big time, but the sun will come up tomorrow. This season is far from over and the Rose Bowl is still within reach.

If we stop one fake punt,
if we make one extra point,
if we don't flub the snap one one field goal, or
if we get 6 instead of 3 after the INT

we win!

Could've won, should've won... didn't.

Easy to clean up though. We can win out and go to Pasadena. Keep the faith!

After hearing Ferentz's post game comments I'm ready to throw this laptop across the room. How in the world is calling timeout there the right thing to do? I think he also said that play didn't factor into the loss? You've got to be kidding me.

I agree totally, much more painful than Arizona. I think it has to be the way it went down. The fake punt, to me, was the ultimate kick in the shnuts. I still can't get past that. Unbelievable.

That was the killer for me. I just could not believe the team and the fake punt

Last edited:
Wisky played solid. So many little things (yes, that is why they play the whole game). The effort by the Hawks was very solid. It's almost like this team is the exact opposite of good teams in the past (in terms of this year we have a better offense than in years past but the little things like special teams that have won us so many games in the past seem to struggle this year)

And to see Brett smile on the sidelines as if to say "gotcha" made it worse. AARRRGHHH, Deep Burn, The Burn is So Deep .....

Yeah, it definitely sucks big time, but the sun will come up tomorrow. This season is far from over and the Rose Bowl is still within reach.

If we stop one fake punt,
if we make one extra point,
if we don't flub the snap one one field goal, or
if we get 6 instead of 3 after the INT

we win!

Could've won, should've won... didn't.

Easy to clean up though. We can win out and go to Pasadena. Keep the faith!

I thought that's what we were supposed to do after the last loss. Why do we still have the mistakes. I wonder if there is some merit to Wilson being stretched thin picking up the slack for Norm? :confused:
I'm not sure if anybody has noticed, but the front 4 on D funnels things to the LB's in this system. Our lack of depth at LB has really sown up here as of late. Neilsen and Johnson both putting forth great effort, but it seems like Hunter's doing all the dirty work. I kind of wonder if Tarpinian would make a difference?

This one hurts me so much because it just feels like this is one of those games that we "should" have won.. All of the special teams issues, mainly. Even if Wisconsin continues to move the ball like they did, we have at least 4 more points (PAT and the botched FG) and we win the game.

It just seems like every year there are one or two of those games that we shoot ourselves in the feet with turnovers (2002 ISU), special teams play (AZ and Wisky this year), or just let a game slip away (2005 NW).

I can handle being beaten by a better team, but so often it seems like there's always that game each year that is one of those games we'd like to have back and do over again.

Very bitter pill to swallow. Mostly because of my pure hatred for Wisconsin.

Even if Iowa had pulled it out I don't like the look of this defense. Good offenses have really made them look bad.

Latest posts