Hats off to Andrew Sweat

This is so bad. If players stop going to the NFL the there would be no NFL. Kirks main job is to get players to the NFL. This punk could start a trend that takes food off Kirks table. With no NFL then there is no reason to play football at Iowa.

This is so bad. If players stop going to the NFL the there would be no NFL. Kirks main job is to get players to the NFL. This punk could start a trend that takes food off Kirks table. With no NFL then there is no reason to play football at Iowa.

HUH????

:eek:

I hope you are being sarcastic and I missed it, but you have GOT to be kidding me. You're calling this kid a 'punk' for choosing his health over football?!?!? The 'punk' is making the right decision, and if my son were in a similar situation I'd be encouraging him to do the same thing.

Plus, this is NOT a slippery slope. Sweat is obviously smart enough to have plenty of options. You don't get into law school without a brain. He'll make a decent amount of money in his lifetime. But there are plenty of other kids who won't have the same opportunity and will choose the NFL because it is their only option.

The NFL will be around for a long time. And football will be around at Iowa for longer.

GO HAWKS!!!

Also, do you think he does this if he is a 1st round draft choice? He was an undrafted free agent with very little chance to make the team. He has a better chance at a career by going to law school.

I hope you are being sarcastic and I missed it, but you have GOT to be kidding me. You're calling this kid a 'punk' for choosing his health over football?!?!? The 'punk' is making the right decision, and if my son were in a similar situation I'd be encouraging him to do the same thing.

Plus, this is NOT a slippery slope. Sweat is obviously smart enough to have plenty of options. You don't get into law school without a brain. He'll make a decent amount of money in his lifetime. But there are plenty of other kids who won't have the same opportunity and will choose the NFL because it is their only option.

The NFL will be around for a long time. And football will be around at Iowa for longer.

GO HAWKS!!!

I think he is taking a shot at Ferentz for sending so many guys to the NFL, but not winning enough games. With no NFL, then there is no reason to play for Iowa. Whereas, at other schools they have something else to hang their hat on.

Either way, I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic...and an a$$.

applause.gif1..gif

Ban worthy? :confused:

I think he is taking a shot at Ferentz for sending so many guys to the NFL, but not winning enough games. With no NFL, then there is no reason to play for Iowa. Whereas, at other schools they have something else to hang their hat on.

Either way, I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic...and an a$$.

That or he has hit his head to many times. Someone get that guy a MRI.

GO HAWKS!!!

Exhibit A and B why freshmen should have their posting privileges withheld until they have been on the site for four or five months to get a feel for the place and the jokers here.

GO HAWKS!!!

Really, you dont think this kid owes it to his college to go into the NFL...thats how you get recruits and if he doesnt go then hes a punk and the school he went to suffers.

Latest posts