Hate to do it.

Booing is universal, so I don't have a problem with it at all. It looks bad, but it is what it is. At least the message gets accross. This is not Drake vs. Grandview. When they decided to pay the coach 3.4 M a year and essentially start charging personal seat licenses, they opened themselves up to higher expectations. Safe to say, those were not met on Saturday night!

$3.785 million base, plus bonuses and endorsement deals.

Top 50 Highest Paid College Coaches

Rk​
SchoolConfHead CoachUnivNon-UnivTotal PayMax Bonus
1​
TexasBig 12Mack Brown$5,192,500$1,000$5,193,500$850,000
2​
AlabamaSECNick Saban$4,683,333$150,000$4,833,333$700,000
3​
OklahomaBig 12Bob Stoops$4,075,000$0$4,075,000$819,500
4​
LSUSECLes Miles$3,751,000$105,417$3,856,417$700,000
5​
IowaBig TenKirk Ferentz$3,785,000$0$3,785,000$1,750,000
6​
ArkansasSECBobby Petrino LOL FAIL$3,635,000$3,000$3,638,000$650,000
7​
AuburnSECGene Chizdik$3,500,000$0$3,500,000$1,200,000
8​
MichiganBig TenBrady Hoke$3,254,000$0$3,254,000$500,000
9​
FloridaSECWill Muschamp$3,221,000$0$3,221,000$450,000
10​
GeorgiaSECMark Richt$2,811,400$128,400$2,939,800$525,000

i was in row one on the 30 yd line behind the hawks bench...it was plenty loud for a couple minutes...only thing i took from this game was an awesome entrance video

The crowd noise is why Iowa lost on Saturday? Man...which game was I watching?

I would have to go back and look, but it seems to me early in the game when the camera went to the crowd, it looked like only half the people were making noise.

You observed that from you SOFA at home. Oh my goodness that is classic.. You clearly are an "old dude"

What ever. Like I said I saw what I did on TV. Half the people were just standing there, the D and an injured OL tried to get the crowd to make some noise. That is facts not clueless. I am not saying it was easy to get into it after the Hawks were down by 14, I am just saying what I saw on TV. I just checked and on PSU's first 3rd and 10 and the LB's were asking the crowd for more noise. Score 0 to 0 at that point and 3 min into the game. The crowd did get louder, but only after asked by the LB's
Or were talking about clueless on the play of the D?

How damn funny. Here is a fact you clearly missed. That injuried Offensive Lineman was laying on field about to be carted off with a broken leg. Make some noise folks, make some noise.. lol

What were the fans supposed to cheer for? Penn State touchdowns? You didn't quite think this one through did ya

How damn funny. Here is a fact you clearly missed. That injuried Offensive Lineman was laying on field about to be carted off with a broken leg. Make some noise folks, make some noise.. lol

OK super fan. When an injured player has to ask for support, maybe you are not the super fan you think. I think everyone was to darn drunk at a night game to even understand what was going on. Then again since every post has to do with the one sentence about the crowd and not the other 80 on the D play, I have to assume many dont understand what is going on, even when sober.

old dude, 100 bucks says i knew he was giong to get carted off the field long before you did.

and maybe you're not the super fan you think you since you weren't even in the stands at the game. don't call my fandom into question when i was in attendance and you were not

There was a pretty good "Let's Go Hawks" chant going in the last few minutes of the game when Iowa was driving for their TD. I'm sure it was partially drunken sarcasm but it still surprised me.

I was at the game sitting in the nosebleeds and I have to say the the crowd was into the game (in a positive way) until midway through the second when it looked like we were the reason high schools implemented the continuous clock and 50 point rule. Then, it really got bad when, after only 30 seconds into the 3rd, we were down another 7 points. At that point, the crowd was into it although in a slightly different way- ie screaming to have Vandenberg drawn and quartered and the always entertaining sarcastic applause when we would do something somewhat good like not get a holding call on us after a 2 yard run or when Vandy would throw 40 yards across the field to gain 3 (on 3rd and 6).

I dont know, like I said I was not there, but when I see an injured player and guys on the D calling for some cheering, I guess it goes without saying, they wanted some more support.

I realize you werent at this game but your comments call into question youve ever even attended a football game.

I haven't read the thread, but I have a question: how is it possible for something to "look" like it's "not making any noise"? That doesn't even make any sense at all.

I haven't read the thread, but I have a question: how is it possible for something to "look" like it's "not making any noise"? That doesn't even make any sense at all.

Pretty sure this is what sound looks like

kapow1.jpg

Kinnick hasn't been as loud since the renovation. It just hasn't. The fans aren't into the games as much recently either. For obvious reasons. The crowd noise at the beginning of the game was about average, to above average for based on the last three seasons.

I'm neither agreeing with anyone in this thread, not disagreeing, I just wanted to type my impressions.

Latest posts