Harty: Reboot proving to be a failure this season

Soooo....we lost to a team that is winless in arguably the worst BCS conference, at HOME, that missed a 20yd fg, was -3 in TO margin, hadn't won in Kinnick in almost 20 yrs, and had their WR coach calling the O b/c the OC was out........yet "this is not a bad team its a young team experiencing injuries at key positions"??

Mind you Purdue hadn't put up 400 yds in their previous 22 games, yet almost put up 500 on us (most genereated by 2 guys with 6 torn ACLs between the two of them) . Yep, just young.

This team lost to a pathetic Indiana team who hadn't won a game a HOME game since 2009!!! Yep, just young. Wait, they played more FR and SO. So I guess one can logically deduct that Indiana has better talent than Iowa. We're not bad, " just young team that is experiencing injuries at key positions".

This team lost to CMU. No further explanation needed. "Just young team that is experiencing injuries at key postions."

This team lost to a bad Iowa State team at home for the first time in a decade. "Just a young team that is experiencing injuries at key positions."

This team is absolutely horrible in every facet of the game except, oddly enough, special teams. The fact that Herby attributes this horrible season to injuries is beyond sad. You do realize that other teams are young and "experience injuries at key positions" every year, yet do not chit the bed anywhere nearly as bad as Iowa has done, right? Please tell me you realize this, Herby.

Tip of my hat to ya.

FreedComanche

I prefer when our opponents know exactly what the Hawks are going to do and we still beat them. We have been there before and will get back there.

Not unless KF changes his offensive philosophy and defensive philosophy. Either change and adapt or KF and co better start recruiting elite talent. Elite talent is the only way IA will get back to 2002-2004 success unless KF realizes what Pat Fitz has done at Northwestern and what Bill Snyder has done at K-State and what Chip Kelly has done at Oregon. Players want to play in fun, fast paced, explosive offensive systems. Talented WR and others would rather play for OK State or Northwestern or Missouri or Boise State, because they throw the ball around and score points in bunches.

KF defense only works well when we have studs on the front four that get can to the QB on their own. When we don't have the horses on the front four, our Zone is easy to attack. Good coaches would realize this and adapt and change to fit the players that you have. Good coaches are not stubborn and stuck in their ways..... Im hoping KF does adapt and make big changes this offseason, but I'm not counting on it.

Not unless KF changes his offensive philosophy and defensive philosophy. Either change and adapt or KF and co better start recruiting elite talent. Elite talent is the only way IA will get back to 2002-2004 success unless KF realizes what Pat Fitz has done at Northwestern and what Bill Snyder has done at K-State and what Chip Kelly has done at Oregon. Players want to play in fun, fast paced, explosive offensive systems. Talented WR and others would rather play for OK State or Northwestern or Missouri or Boise State, because they throw the ball around and score points in bunches.

KF defense only works well when we have studs on the front four that get can to the QB on their own. When we don't have the horses on the front four, our Zone is easy to attack. Good coaches would realize this and adapt and change to fit the players that you have. Good coaches are not stubborn and stuck in their ways..... Im hoping KF does adapt and make big changes this offseason, but I'm not counting on it.
False. KF has devised this offense so he can recruit. This winter he will be able to walk into a WR recruit's house and if he thinks that kid can score two touchdowns, he can look that kid's pappy in the eye and tell him that with hard work, junior will probably score 40% of our receiving touchdowns next year and he wouldn't be lying. Who wouldn't want their kid to be 40% of the passing offense?

False. KF has devised this offense so he can recruit. This winter he will be able to walk into a WR recruit's house and if he thinks that kid can score two touchdowns, he can look that kid's pappy in the eye and tell him that with hard work, junior will probably score 40% of our receiving touchdowns next year and he wouldn't be lying. Who wouldn't want their kid to be 40% of the passing offense?

Except true freshmen wideouts don't play ever since the last guys became all about that paper.

dominique-douglas-lifes-a-h.jpg

Latest posts