Harsh reality for Iowa fans

Bluesman

OSU's 3rd string QB is better than our starter. I would imagine the same is true at other positions as well. But hey, we get to play a 6-6 team in a no name bowl nobody will watch tomorrow.

OSU's 3rd string QB is better than our starter. I would imagine the same is true at other positions as well. But hey, we get to play a 6-6 team in a no name bowl nobody will watch tomorrow.

I'd say OSU's 3rd string QB is better then about 99 percent of college football teams.

I'd say OSU's 3rd string QB is better then about 99 percent of college football teams.

This. I don't know if there's a single other team in the country that could reach the national title game with their third string QB, much less asking that third stringer to actually make plays rather than just manage the game and let the rest of the team do the heavy lifting.

This. I don't know if there's a single other team in the country that could reach the national title game with their third string QB, much less asking that third stringer to actually make plays rather than just manage the game and let the rest of the team do the heavy lifting.

Yep. OSU actually recruits and develops QB's.

You mean to tell me Iowa can't attract the same caliber athlete as OSU!? DAMNIT!!! Why on earth have been believing that all along!? Turns out Iowa is just another college. Shucks!

Yesterday I definitely saw a QB in the BIG worse than ours, at Wisconsin. If they would've had a QB as good as JR they would've won by a dozen and no OT. There are teams that have it worse than us at that position.

Iowa actually offered Cardale Jones, his pro-stile and big body would've been great for the Hawks. Unfortunately it's not easy to pull a recruit out of Ohio who has an offer from OSU.

The only reason those guys are there is because they could not get passing grades anywhere else. The test scores at o$u are fixed. I doubt those guys even go to class. It's simple o$u cheats, and this season calls fot serious penalties against them.

Ferentz has known Cardale Jones' High School Coach for years. He used to have some bus trip where he would take kids from his school do the B1G campuses in the summer. The "Glenville Kids" play the recruiting game big time, tons of games and misdirection before ultimately sending all the best kids to Ohio State. You can't blame Ferentz for spending hours on the phone or in person with Ted Ginn Sr, but the kids we get from Glenville are the kids who aren't good enough for Ohio State.

Its the same with tons of other "pipelines".

If "Glenville Kid" Arvell Nelson hadn't been in trouble and left the team, young Ricky Stanzi doesn't get the practice reps and place on the depth chart to succeed as a Sophomore.

You are a moron and a Cyclone troll. Get lost loser

Lol, wrong on all accounts pal. Iowa can compete for great athletes, they can get talented QB's (Hayden did). Kirk can't and we will continue to be a middle of the road non factor in the Big Ten and nationally until he's gone. If you're looking forward to six more years of this then you're an easy mark.

Ferentz has known Cardale Jones' High School Coach for years. He used to have some bus trip where he would take kids from his school do the B1G campuses in the summer. The "Glenville Kids" play the recruiting game big time, tons of games and misdirection before ultimately sending all the best kids to Ohio State. You can't blame Ferentz for spending hours on the phone or in person with Ted Ginn Sr, but the kids we get from Glenville are the kids who aren't good enough for Ohio State.

Its the same with tons of other "pipelines".

If "Glenville Kid" Arvell Nelson hadn't been in trouble and left the team, young Ricky Stanzi doesn't get the practice reps and place on the depth chart to succeed as a Sophomore.

BINGO. This is why Ferentz and Iowa rarely land the 4 star kids (other than O-Line/TE) because he isn't into playing "games" or making promises to kids/parents like some other programs do. I wish he would, but he isn't about to change his style now.

Latest posts