Harrison Barnes

I have to think HB would have been in the POY discussion had Marshall been his PG all year. He was obviously the key.

I have to think HB would have been in the POY discussion had Marshall been his PG all year. He was obviously the key.
Yup and not just to Barnes' better playing but the team as a whole. I dont know if he would have been POY worthy though.

Yup and not just to Barnes' better playing but the team as a whole. I dont know if he would have been POY worthy though.

If Marshall had been playing all year, I'd give serious thought to voting for HIM as POY. UNC was going nowhere fast, until he entered the lineup. Now they're a possible Final Four team.

I recall a post or two on this board calling him overrated at the start of the season, when he was struggling.

The only overrated player to have played for Carolina this year was Larry Drew III. Unbelievable how much he was holding that team back.

I recall a post or two on this board calling him overrated at the start of the season, when he was struggling.

Being a pre-season All-American, I would say he is still overrated. Being he is not among the top 5 best players in the country, IMO. He is still a great player though, just got too much hype early.

1. Go to ESPN.Com or some other website and look at his stats, especially to begin the season.
2. He was the top rated recruit coming out of High School
3. He was voted pre-season All-American

How could he have been underrated?