Hard to win when you don't have a field goal for the last ten minutes of regulation.

GodGodGodBathia

Really that's what it came down to: missed shots. UNI has killed teams all year with their ability to knock down jumpers and convert on opportunities, but they didn't do that tonight, especially with (I don't want to use the word "chokes") by Farok and Koch on important free throws. Great season though, UNI, you're definitely Iowa's basketball team of the last decade.

Re: Hard to win when you don't have a field goal for the last ten minutes of regulati

Hey UNI Fans, How does that taste!!. Iowa's been eating that kind of crow all year. now you know what it feels like.

Re: Hard to win when you don't have a field goal for the last ten minutes of regulati

Hey UNI Fans, How does that taste!!. Iowa's been eating that kind of crow all year. now you know what it feels like.

Really? I'm an Iowa fan but I do cheer for UNI, as an alum, but I'm pretty sure that Iowa fans would love to be playing in the sweet sixteen so just drink some more and go to bed.

Sweet 16 'crow' probably tastes a little better, then anything that has happened to the Iowa program this millennium.

I agree, UNI is a total fluke on this level and they ran up against a more athletic BIG TEN team! We won't hear from them for a looooong time!

Really that's what it came down to: missed shots. UNI has killed teams all year with their ability to knock down jumpers and convert on opportunities, but they didn't do that tonight, especially with (I don't want to use the word "chokes") by Farok and Koch on important free throws. Great season though, UNI, you're definitely Iowa's basketball team of the last decade.

I think {The University of Iowa} is {Iowas's} basketball team, no matter how many wins or losses they have.

"Hard to win when you don't have a field goal for the last ten minutes of regulation."

Welcome to the life of an Iowa Basketball fan!

I am sure no one feels worse than Koch tonight. Those 2 free throws he missed towards the end with a chance to tie absolutely killed them. Too bad. Wasn't his fault but you just can't do that and expect to win a game like that.

is that how it is? We're going to hate on UNI, even though they were the best basketball team in the state this year?

I went to Iowa. I want my school to win as much as anyone ... we didn't. And we haven't.

Just as I'd expect the UNI fans to pull for Iowa, I rooted for UNI. I'd do the same for Iowa State or Drake.

So should you.

Our school is having trouble ... but it won't last forever. Eventually, we'll be back in the position UNI was in. And, frankly, I want their fans rooting for us.

Latest posts