Hard to repeat 12-0

homes

But a BT Championship is the next step. I think the Hawks take that step next year. My only "if" is the WR group. They need someone who can stretch the field (and catch the ball). That guy emerges from the roster and/or they get a JUCO/5th year transfer guy, and they'll repeat as West Champs, and take the overall title.

Don't see 12-0 again next year but we need to get through non con and win west. I'm guessing ohio st or Michigan in from East. Realistic expectations are 9+ wins I'd guess.

This is funny talking about hard to repeat 12-0. Of course it is very hard to be undefeated in regular season as Iowa has done it about every 90+ years.

Just the odds of the ball bouncing wrong a few more times next year can cause a loss.

So I would be very confident betting big dollars against the 12-0 finish.

We won't win the B1G, not next year, probably not ever.

Hate to say...

Wow. Not ever? We have twice in the last 13 years and were a play away from it last year, so that a bold statement, and more than a little pessimistic.

Geez man.

Last edited:
you will be stanford band

I want another shot at them. At half time.

Our band comes out dressed up like a bunch of crack heads and junkies with money bulging out of every pocket. Have a guy dressed up like their mascot with a mega giant straw leading up to his nose and a huge white caulky substance the width and length of the goal line. Have some kind of vacuum device hidden in the straw and have it suck up the goal line. While all this is going on the Iowa band plays the music "Cocaine"........... It's alright, it's alright it's alright Cocaine!!!!

But a BT Championship is the next step. I think the Hawks take that step next year. My only "if" is the WR group. They need someone who can stretch the field (and catch the ball). That guy emerges from the roster and/or they get a JUCO/5th year transfer guy, and they'll repeat as West Champs, and take the overall title.

The next step is to beat somebody. If you know what I mean. Not just beat anybody, but beat the good teams - and dont struggle with the average medeocre teams.

I want another shot at them. At half time.

Our band comes out dressed up like a bunch of crack heads and junkies with money bulging out of every pocket. Have a guy dressed up like their mascot with a mega giant straw leading up to his nose and a huge white caulky substance the width and length of the goal line. Have some kind of vacuum device hidden in the straw and have it suck up the goal line. While all this is going on the Iowa band plays the music "Cocaine"........... It's alright, it's alright it's alright Cocaine!!!!

How do crackhead and junkies dress? Just curious.

I think I might have seen one at Quicktrip.

The next step is to beat somebody. If you know what I mean. Not just beat anybody, but beat the good teams - and dont struggle with the average medeocre teams.

Too bad we don't play any of those teams next year. The only hope for that is 9-0 Iowa vs. 9-0 Michigan. It's a possibility, but the schedule is pretty terrible once again.

Wow. Not ever? We have twice in the last 13 years and were a play away from it last year, so that a bold statement, and more than a little pessimistic.

Geez man.

Yup, I'm sure Iowa will win the conference again some day. They were an eyelash away from it this year.

2004 was the most recent. It wasn't the first time, and I don't think it'll be the last even though the addition of a conference title game makes it a bit more difficult than it used to be. But that also means you dont necessarily have to go undefeated to do it - Just win the West, and you have 1 game left to get it done.

Yes, 12-0 is very difficult and not likely to happen 2 years in a row, but next year's schedule is also pretty manageable. As long as everyone continues to work hard like this year. It's not completely out of the question.

Realistically, I think 9-10 wins with that schedule is a pretty reasonable goal, with 11+ being gravy. This feels much like a 2009/10 situation, so let's just hope things turn out better than 2010 did. That's still pretty fresh in my mind.

Last edited:
Very hard. I do see us making to Indy agains, but with a loss or two. Indy was great, really hope we make it again. I'll be there...and I'm buying the first round.

Very hard. I do see us making to Indy agains, but with a loss or two. Indy was great, really hope we make it again. I'll be there...and I'm buying the first round.
If we go to Indy again I will be there as well and I will drink the first round you buy.

Latest posts