Harbaugh suffering a bit of the Old Kirk?

I'm waiting for Harbaugh to throw out a snort and "That's Football!". Rudock is a game manager. That can be alright at times. See Trent Dilfer.

I have no answer for why people have to get on Rudock so bad. Why some people feel they have to shun an individual just because they are no longer on their favorite team is beyond me. Don't get it. I wish the guy well in Michigan.

Same here. I wish him well. His leaving gave everyone what they want. Iowa gets a starter who can potentially do great things here. Michigan gets a seasoned veteran at qb and he gets to keep playing and at two BiG schools no less. Good for him.

CJ should have started every game last year. Jake is a decent backup qb. Move on? Have to, but it cost us last year IMHO. Narducci watched the video of last year's game with Iowa and knew CJ was the real deal. Our staff (or someone) couldn't see it though.

Brian Bennett ESPN Staff Writer

bennett_brian_m.jpg

Through three weeks, it looks like Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz made the right call at QB. C.J. Beathard has 684 passing yards, 4 TDs. 1 INT and a 79.9 QBR. Meanwhile, former starter Jake Rudock has 582 passing yards, 3 TDs, 5 INTs and a 34.3 QBR at Michigan.

This doesn't even take into account the rushing yards which has been the sifference between 1-2 and 3-0.

Here's what a Michigan fan had to say, sounds pretty familiar.

St. Joe Blue 3, "When the good teams we'll be facing know we can't go deep, they'll jam and stuff our running game at the line of scrimmage, won't be pretty.

Looks like (with seven minutes left in the game) we're going to keep Rudock in the game to practice handing off , throwing sideways, and botching his downfield throws."

Last edited:
I was never one to rip on Rudock. He had some big games, and some not-so-good moments as well. I always thought CJB had a higher upside, based on limited sample size last year, but never had a particular problem with Rudock. I wish him well at Michigan this year.

It would have been an interesting story if Iowa had played Michigan with JR as their QB, but it doesn't look like they are on our schedule, and JR is a senior.

I was never one to rip on Rudock. He had some big games, and some not-so-good moments as well. I always thought CJB had a higher upside, based on limited sample size last year, but never had a particular problem with Rudock. I wish him well at Michigan this year.

It would have been an interesting story if Iowa had played Michigan with JR as their QB, but it doesn't look like they are on our schedule, and JR is a senior.

Maybe my memory is going in my advanced age, but was there a game in the 2 years that Rudock started that we can point to and say "he won that game for us"? I do know that in the 5 games that CJB has gotten significant minutes in his career (Pitt and Purdue last year and the 3 games this year), that he has pretty much been the difference in 3 of those (Pitt both times and ISU this year).

Maybe my memory is going in my advanced age, but was there a game in the 2 years that Rudock started that we can point to and say "he won that game for us"? I do know that in the 5 games that CJB has gotten significant minutes in his career (Pitt and Purdue last year and the 3 games this year), that he has pretty much been the difference in 3 of those (Pitt both times and ISU this year).

And in the Purdue game, his receivers dropped seven perfect passes (like right in the numbers,) including a TD.

And he just shrugged it off and plowed forward.

I think here's a good analogy: You expect a hybrid to get good mileage and not clog the atmosphere. You expect a Mustang to burn rubber.