Hall Of Fames Poll

Do You Give A Crap About Hall Of Fames?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

MelroseHawkins

Do you give a shitick about Hall of Fames? I could really care less at this point. Right now is talk about who will be entering baseball's HOF. They just seem so watered down now and nothing really special. I'm talking all professional sports. I could really care less to even go to any of them. I'd put HOF interest parallel with the Oscars or Grammy's.

I might find college sports HOF interesting, though.

I keep an eye on it but overall its not a big deal to me.

I do get a laugh out of steroid era guys getting turned away every year by BBWAA or whatever its called. Arrogant baseball players vs arrogant baseball writers. Its like a soap opera. Particularly with writers and journalists who want transparency while doing their stories and research yet many still refuse to make their HOF ballots public.

I don't like that the NFL has to elect certain amounts of guys each year. I think its 5. Obviously its a situation where they have a Hall of Fame weekend with a game to kickoff the preseason but that's too many people.

I loathe Hall of Fames. IMO they're just a way to make money from players even after they're retired. They build a museum, attract fans, make player appearances, etc.

For the writers/voters its a total ego thing too. They get on a power trip about getting to decide who makes it and who doesn't.

There are so many inconsistencies and hypocrisies too. Like the steroid era. How do they know for sure who used steroids and who didn't? Isn't it likely Jeff Bagwell, Mike Piazza and Pudge Rodriguez all used PEDs? They all have been accused of it. Yet they still got in.

Meanwhile guys in the Hall of Fame from a long time ago were gamblers, cheaters, womanizers, abusers, etc. Gaylord Perry openly doctored baseballs and is in the HoF. Ty Cobb was a violent racist, babe ruth showed up to games drunk, Hank Aaron and Willie Stargell both admitted to using amphetamines to improve performance. All of them are in the HoF. Yet Pete Rose and Barry Bonds remain out of the HoF? sure....

FWIW I also don't give a f about the oscars or grammys either.

I loathe Hall of Fames. IMO they're just a way to make money from players even after they're retired. They build a museum, attract fans, make player appearances, etc.

For the writers/voters its a total ego thing too. They get on a power trip about getting to decide who makes it and who doesn't.

There are so many inconsistencies and hypocrisies too. Like the steroid era. How do they know for sure who used steroids and who didn't? Isn't it likely Jeff Bagwell, Mike Piazza and Pudge Rodriguez all used PEDs? They all have been accused of it. Yet they still got in.

Meanwhile guys in the Hall of Fame from a long time ago were gamblers, cheaters, womanizers, abusers, etc. Gaylord Perry openly doctored baseballs and is in the HoF. Ty Cobb was a violent racist, babe ruth showed up to games drunk, Hank Aaron and Willie Stargell both admitted to using amphetamines to improve performance. All of them are in the HoF. Yet Pete Rose and Barry Bonds remain out of the HoF? sure....

Bert Blyleven is another example. I hate the guy’s guts (story from my childhood, never meet your heroes) but he got fucked for years because he played for shit teams that couldn’t hit a beach ball. He was better than a bunch of pitchers who got in before him.

Btw, Pete Rose was the epitome of a baseball player and the way the game should be played.

Gonna slide into a base? You better come up with a dirty shirt and gravel in your mouth.

It’s no coincidence Giamatti keeled over 8 days after he kicked Charlie Hustle out of the league. I’d spit on his grave, that son of a bitch.

It's not a huge deal to me but I enjoy it. It's an extra excuse to talk baseball, for the baseball HOF one anyway.

Solid! I have no doubt about the bold above. I stopped in Canton on my way to Pittsburgh. I went to it basically to say I went to it. Nothing special to me.

Bert Blyleven is another example. I hate the guy’s guts (story from my childhood, never meet your heroes) but he got fucked for years because he played for shit teams that couldn’t hit a beach ball. He was better than a bunch of pitchers who got in before him.

Hell of a point.