Halfway point

austinhawk

Iowa BB has played 16 games out of a 32 game schedule. They are 10-6. Will they be 20-12 at seasons end?? Not likely.

unlikely they win 10 more games, but after they beat Wisconsin, anything is possible. With conference tournament and more. Just don't see it right now, if they continue more teams will play harder and more mentally prepared for us. I just feel like Wisconsin tried to sleep walk through that game and got burnt, is a plus for the Hawks that they came to play and beat them.

If we go 6-10 in the rest of the B1G regular season, I would be happy. The possibility exists if we continue to play with the intensity we have in the last 5 games. To finish 16-16 in the regular season would be outstanding in my opinion.

We will need a healthy Bryce to do so.....

:)

the way this team is playing anything is possible
Minnesota is next all we can do is watch and hope for the best

unlikely they win 10 more games, but after they beat Wisconsin, anything is possible. With conference tournament and more. Just don't see it right now, if they continue more teams will play harder and more mentally prepared for us. I just feel like Wisconsin tried to sleep walk through that game and got burnt, is a plus for the Hawks that they came to play and beat them.

Editing.. Misread your post. I thought you said unlikely we win more than 10 games. Then I saw you said 10 MORE.. Yeah, agree wholeheartedly with that.

I could see this team getting to around 14-15 W's or so. If so, then that falls in place with Fran winning more in year 2 than he did in year 1, at every school he's coached.

Last edited:
We're not 10-6, we're 9-6.
I included the exhibition game against NWMS

Too bad it doesn't count. That'd be nice.

I think that we're probably going to see more bumps than we do upsets the rest of the season, but at least we're headed in the right direction. And expectations shouldn't have been very high at the start of the season anyway. As long as we beat who we're supposed to beat and play competitively, I'll be happy and VERY eager for next season.

If we beat Minnesota, Saturday's game will be huge. Carver will need to be packed. Nearly knocked of OSU last year. Can you image the kind of good publicity a 3 game win streak with Wisconsin and OSU in a week would cause.

If we beat Minnesota, Saturday's game will be huge. Carver will need to be packed. Nearly knocked of OSU last year. Can you image the kind of good publicity a 3 game win streak with Wisconsin and OSU in a week would cause.

Could happen with Salinger out

I think this year we are much more competitive and went through our rough patch already. We are going to have some tough nights shooting and will struggle.

IF this team can protect the home court and sneak 1 or 2 on the road, we will be okay.

IF we get 6 more wins this season, i will be happy. IF we get to .500, would we qualify for post season? IDK, but it would be nice for Gatens to play in some post season tournament. Since he was one of the few who stayed through all the coaching changes.

I think this year we are much more competitive and went through our rough patch already. We are going to have some tough nights shooting and will struggle.

IF this team can protect the home court and sneak 1 or 2 on the road, we will be okay.

IF we get 6 more wins this season, i will be happy. IF we get to .500, would we qualify for post season? IDK, but it would be nice for Gatens to play in some post season tournament. Since he was one of the few who stayed through all the coaching changes.
Nice....

Beating Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern and Penn State both times we play is very possible if we play to our full potential. Wins against Ohio State, Michigan, MI State, and Indiana will be tough but not out of the question. It's a stretch but I'd love to see us finish in the top half and get a bye the first day of the B1G tournament.

Beating Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern and Penn State both times we play is very possible if we play to our full potential. Wins against Ohio State, Michigan, MI State, and Indiana will be tough but not out of the question. It's a stretch but I'd love to see us finish in the top half and get a bye the first day of the B1G tournament.

Next time, just lead with this :D.

Latest posts