Half Court Prayer Answered!!!

HaydenHawk56

What a shot!!!!

Now they take the shot away from him???? What ********!! Only on our own home court can we get a shot taken away from us like that.

Last edited:
Great shot. But I didn't think he got it off either.

Still, I like the way things are going for the Hawks today. Basabe is the real deal.

Still stinks. That shot is good at Duke or Illinois. We can't buy those type of calls. It would suck if those 3 points make a difference in this game.

If I'm a ref...I give it to him just because it was a crazy attempt. Who freakin cares about integrity. :)

What a shot!!!!

Now they take the shot away from him???? What ********!! Only on our own home court can we get a shot taken away from us like that.

How can you ***** about it being taken away? It would have been taken away for any home team. It was the correct call.

Was it really no good?

It was so close that watching it live it looked good to me. Unfortunately when I tried to watch it in slo-mo my stupid Direct TV blue bar on the bottom of the screen covered up the clock so I couldn't see for sure.:mad:

Still stinks. That shot is good at Duke or Illinois. We can't buy those type of calls. It would suck if those 3 points make a difference in this game.

If Michigan lost by 3 or less, yeah it would suck. They'd have a legitimate complaint. The shot was no good.

For the record, Dolph and Bobby said that it was released with .1 sec left but the red light behind the opposite basket was illuminated (this was the visible basket in the replay). Apparently the light overrules the clock.

My point is we don't get those calls in our favor like some other teams do. Especially at home......even if it might not be the right call.

The problem is they started the clock about .2 seconds early. If it had started on time, we would have gotten it off.

What a bunch of crap!! How do you take that away?? There is absolutely no way you can tell if it is touching his fingertip or not at 0.0. You can't overturn that in my opinion. There is no way that was indisputable. Iowa gets screwed by the refs once again. Amazing how we can't get any calls even on our home court.

Furthermore, if Northwestern hit that shot against us on our own home court, you know the Big Ten officials would award them the points. Or any other team for that matter.

Furthermore, if Northwestern hit that shot against us on our own home court, you know the Big Ten officials would award them the points. Or any other team for that matter.

I don't know where you get this stuff HH. While "judgement" calls like fouls can favor the home team, I don't ever recall seeing officials look at a replay like that and blatantly misinterpeting it in favor of the home team.

I wanted it to be good too, but the replay shows his hand still touching the ball. Hansen and Dolph didn't dispute it either.

Last edited:

Latest posts