Guys

at this point, it's hard to be positive about anything related to Iowa basketball. Just end already. I defended Fran because I never thought it would get this bad. I don't care if he coaches another game of basketball for the U of I. I don't care if Tyler Cook transfers, I don't care if Jordan transfers...we lose Joe W, Patrick - any of them. No one player is more important then the program. I also no longer give a shit about any of his former momentum he had with the program or his 3 NCAA run. It all pails in full picture and aspect when you see what he's done to this season.

there ya go - a long time hold out is off the train. I still support the team and program - I'd support Fran again if he could figure it out. I'm pulling for him to figure it out, I no longer have any confidence that he will.

yeah-finally.jpg

Actual conversation my wife and I had last night:

Wife: Our guys are going to be sore in the morning.
Me: Why? They're not doing anything to make them sore.
Wife: They've been allowing Minnesota to penetrate all night. They're going to be sore in the morning.
At this point though, it’s like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. Lube not even necessary.

I always thought Iowa State was overrated under hoiberg, but I guess he did a great job. After two seasons since hoiberg left Iowa state is last in their conference. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of guys in the basketball profession that could have Iowa out of last place after eight years at Iowa. Iowa State must be feeling the pain too.

at this point, it's hard to be positive about anything related to Iowa basketball. Just end already. I defended Fran because I never thought it would get this bad. I don't care if he coaches another game of basketball for the U of I. I don't care if Tyler Cook transfers, I don't care if Jordan transfers...we lose Joe W, Patrick - any of them. No one player is more important then the program. I also no longer give a shit about any of his former momentum he had with the program or his 3 NCAA run. It all pails in full picture and aspect when you see what he's done to this season.

there ya go - a long time hold out is off the train. I still support the team and program - I'd support Fran again if he could figure it out. I'm pulling for him to figure it out, I no longer have any confidence that he will.
giphy.gif

How many times have announcers said Iowa is dangerous they are young wait till next year......I guess i fail to see how 1 more year will make Jbo, Cook and others Pemsel (good God) be any better defensively. You either can play D or you can't. Unfortunately i dont see it.

But decent defenders can be great defenders if they work hard, play hard, and are smart and can see what the other team is doing before they do it.

It was a totally lost sad season, they looked ok until January then oh crap.

Just watch...of all years this will be the year Fran wins 2 games in the big ten tournament. We'll get like Minnesota in game 1 and then Nebraska in game two. Then we'll "only" lose to Michigan by 7 and everyone will think the future is bright

I deserve it. I am loyal to a fault. You guys are right, I am wrong. I just couldn't fathom a season like this and kept expecting the team to turn a corner that never came.

Even the biggest Fran and barta hater in the world couldn't see this season coming

You did hang on a little too long tho ;)

I think the light finally came on for Moss. he scored 19 pts in 1:32 seconds. If we can get that production over a 30 minute period of each game, next season, he'll avg 360 PPG! The future is definitely bright.
If you can live with his defense, he is a scorer. But can he play that way in a tight game. Fran just needs to give him the green light to play. In Fran's defense, he has given Moss undeserved minutes.

If you can live with his defense, he is a scorer. But can he play that way in a tight game. Fran just needs to give him the green light to play. In Fran's defense, he has given Moss undeserved minutes.
At 360 ppg, I can live with his defense. Lol.

I always thought Iowa State was overrated under hoiberg, but I guess he did a great job. After two seasons since hoiberg left Iowa state is last in their conference. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of guys in the basketball profession that could have Iowa out of last place after eight years at Iowa. Iowa State must be feeling the pain too.
Iowa State may be last in their conference, but they are light years better than Iowa. Plus they are trending up with some stud recruits.
Iowa is at the bottom of the barrel and flatlining. The only reason they aren't trending down is because it is impossible to go any lower.

Latest posts