Guys

I think we just need to hang in there with this team. They'll turn this season around. Relax.

Exactly tksirius. With Northwestern at home what could possibly go wrong? And, because of Iowa's seating for the BTT, they will play a low seed in the first round. And, because Fran's team is so deep.....they are practically built for a run in this tournament.

upload_2018-2-21_23-34-34.jpeg

Fran should look into playing some Goon ball for the home stretch. Buy you say Hayden...they already play like Goonies. Yes, I know that, but here me out.

Another thing from time to time they will do at Grinnell is called Goon ball. They will basically have 3 players play zone defense, while they have 2 players hang back around half court. They don't play any defense and are looking for the first outlet pass made off of a miss or a make by the opposing team for a quick layup in transition.

Perfect for Fran. Less defense and more offense. And, we might just confuse the other team and they will stop shooting 3 pointers and try for some higher percentage buckets.

Fran can even keep it simple and call the play out from the sideline as "Hey you guys" or "Truffle Shuffle." :(

Fran should look into playing some Goon ball for the home stretch. Buy you say Hayden...they already play like Goonies. Yes, I know that, but here me out.

Another thing from time to time they will do at Grinnell is called Goon ball. They will basically have 3 players play zone defense, while they have 2 players hang back around half court. They don't play any defense and are looking for the first outlet pass made off of a miss or a make by the opposing team for a quick layup in transition.

Perfect for Fran. Less defense and more offense. And, we might just confuse the other team and they will stop shooting 3 pointers and try for some higher percentage buckets.

Fran can even keep it simple and call the play out from the sideline as "Hey you guys" or "Truffle Shuffle." :(
That's what I'm talking bout. Stay positive and don't give up on this team!

In fact, Fran could play hyper goon ball........just 1 defender or zero defenders back and 4 or 5 players play offense all the time. Just think, we might break the scoreboard with all of that production on the offensive end.:(

I mean think about the possibilities for a hyper aggressive and little to no defensive strategy being implemented at the college basketball level. It could be Fran's 2nd major DVD volume in Building A Championship Defense entitled:

Hyper Goon Ball: How to build a Championship Defense by playing NO Defense at all.
with Fran McCaffery

Suck at man to man defense? No problem, we got you covered. Suck at zone defenses and give up the long ball time and time again? No problem, we got you covered. In this 10 minute video, Coach McCaffery will dive into the advanced secrets that no one is talking about by actually, really playing no defense at all and focusing every aspect of your team's game on building their transition and half court offenses. Welcome to Hyper Goon Ball, a deceptive way to always being on offense without playing any real defense at all. Perfect for hybrid teams that lack guard play. Learn how to increase your team's scoring exponentially in this exciting and fast paced game.

Last edited:
In fact, Fran could play hyper goon ball........just 1 defender or zero defenders back and 4 or 5 players play offense all the time. Just think, we might break the scoreboard with all of that production on the offensive end.:(

I mean think about the possibilities for a hyper aggressive and little to no defensive strategy being implemented at the college basketball level. It could be Fran's 2nd major DVD volume in Building A Championship Defense entitled:

Hyper Goon Ball: How to build a Championship Defense by playing NO Defense at all.
with Fran McCaffery

Suck at man to man defense? No problem, we got you covered. Suck at zone defenses and give up the long ball time and time again? No problem, we got you covered. In this 10 minute video, Coach McCaffery will dive into the advanced secrets that no one is talking about by actually, really playing no defense at all and focusing every aspect of your team's game on building their transition and half court offenses. Welcome to Hyper Goon Ball, a deceptive way to always being on offense without playing any real defense at all. Perfect for hybrid teams that lack guard play. Learn how to increase your team's scoring exponentially in this exciting and fast paced game.
The awesome in this post leaves me agog.

Or he could take one of Mr. Walsh’s sexual devices from the attic and shove it up his ass.

How many times have announcers said Iowa is dangerous they are young wait till next year......I guess i fail to see how 1 more year will make Jbo, Cook and others Pemsel (good God) be any better defensively. You either can play D or you can't. Unfortunately i dont see it.

How many times have announcers said Iowa is dangerous they are young wait till next year......I guess i fail to see how 1 more year will make Jbo, Cook and others Pemsel (good God) be any better defensively. You either can play D or you can't. Unfortunately i dont see it.

When the announcers say Iowa is dangerous, I think they mean because if you happen to lose to them it crushes your resume.

ticktock.jpg

at this point, it's hard to be positive about anything related to Iowa basketball. Just end already. I defended Fran because I never thought it would get this bad. I don't care if he coaches another game of basketball for the U of I. I don't care if Tyler Cook transfers, I don't care if Jordan transfers...we lose Joe W, Patrick - any of them. No one player is more important then the program. I also no longer give a shit about any of his former momentum he had with the program or his 3 NCAA run. It all pails in full picture and aspect when you see what he's done to this season.

there ya go - a long time hold out is off the train. I still support the team and program - I'd support Fran again if he could figure it out. I'm pulling for him to figure it out, I no longer have any confidence that he will.

My wife actually said to me tonight, “you could probably do just as good as them, they’re getting killed.”
I’ve seen you play, man. Don’t sell yourself short. All you need is longer shorts and you’re set.

My wife actually said to me tonight, “you could probably do just as good as them, they’re getting killed.”

Actual conversation my wife and I had last night:

Wife: Our guys are going to be sore in the morning.
Me: Why? They're not doing anything to make them sore.
Wife: They've been allowing Minnesota to penetrate all night. They're going to be sore in the morning.

Latest posts