Guess what day it is?

InGoodCo

It's game day jerks. Iowa's first televised game. I can finally see the team in full HD. Iowa looks to be about a 9.5 dog. We can all wallow in our own misery and bitch at each other all season or we can come together as 1 shining fan base. It's the Hawks vs Everyone. I don't know if we win tonight...but I have always liked Fran's teams when they were big underdogs. I can't count how many times Fran has went into a hostile environment that looked bleak just to kick the pants off a team. Here's to hope.

f9fc4d0b0265cfe2d2b15c5c03782be8a5b0c76c0c2ee167b20fdcfe3d97abfb.jpg

I love your optimistic view....now back to reality. This is a defensive nightmare for our guys. Unless we have learned how to stop guard penitration since last week, we lose by 20.
I will be obviously rooting for our boys and Baer could be the spark the team needs so hope they play hard physical defense and the refs let them play! GO HAWKS!

Winning tonight would certainly take the sting off of the Cayman Island debacle. Losing tonight would put us in a pretty bad spot for the non conference. I think transition defense is key against this team. Go Hawks!

The title doesn't say game thread, but it sounds like a game thread.

Very close, TK.....

But we will need the official game thread tonight.....

Will be a tough game for certain, but I do believe the Hawks will represent well.....

We shall see. Almost a hometown game for Luka Garza, DC is rather close to Virginia.....

:cool:

I'm hoping this is better than Virginia last year. That was embarrassing. The good news...that team improved a ton from that Virginia game to beating Wisconsin on their home court at the end of the year.

I'm hoping this is better than Virginia last year. That was embarrassing. The good news...that team improved a ton from that Virginia game to beating Wisconsin on their home court at the end of the year.

Virginia held Wisconsin to 37 points last night. At least Virginia Tech's strength isn't defense.